Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2290

Thread: Spaceframed SR20DET RWD Nova

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Spaceframed SR20DET RWD Nova

So jig done, I started lopping pieces off the front end, first creating room for the footwells.

And here’s where I’m at as of today. I have the new front half of the floor basic structure in place and the upright tubes which tie in the floor to the turrets (a complicated bit of notching at the top, took a few attempts!). And then to end the day I lopped off the front bar!

While I wait on the machined turrets, next step is replacing the box chassis rails with tube with weld in bosses. Bosses should be here this week. I also have to pluck up the courage to chop the current turrets out! I had replacement 90deg bends arrive yesterday ready, along with 5m of tube.

Rockin on!

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Simps View Post
    Ok, so it’s been a month since I updated and I’ve been working on it most days.

I had a good offer on my Nissan s14a donor shell so needed to crack on getting remaining bits off I needed, but more importantly, making a new, better jig of the front end. What I discovered is that I had my tension rod brackets in the wrong alignment - glad I caught it now before I redid the front end! While changing the front end to correct that, I also decided I wanted to redo the turrets. I never liked where they sat as I had to take a chunk out of the wings like so...

So I did some trig and worked out that moving the turrets inbound 30mm will take my camber from -1 to -4, about where I’ll likely run it. My top mounts of choice then have 3deg either way, so well within scope for what I need. So cue one over engineered, adjustable jig! (It’s made out of offcuts and scraps as getting more steel has been challenging!)

And some one-piece cnc’d turrets currently being made...

Very nice

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aron 6pot View Post
    Very nice

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Aron.

I was just looking back through the thread trying to establish some timeline perspective...

June 2013 - Test fit of the sr20, box, and subframes

Jan 2015 - Removal of the body from the frame/chassis.

I really lost a few years somewhere, a good woman really does change your life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good progress mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by millworm View Post
    Good progress mate
    Thank you

PNG OS Survivor Club Member scott.parker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, love it mate, im impressed you a) still have it, b) have the balls to realise you can improve on it now, because a lot would have given up 10 times over thing is, these days this is done a lot more now, but back when you started it, it's was something very uncommon! Brilliant update dude. ����

PNG OS Survivor Club Member scott.parker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, love it mate, im impressed you a) still have it, b) have the balls to realise you can improve on it now, because a lot would have given up 10 times over thing is, these days this is done a lot more now, but back when you started it, it's was something very uncommon! Brilliant update dude. 👍🏻

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scott.parker View Post
    Wow, love it mate, im impressed you a) still have it, b) have the balls to realise you can improve on it now, because a lot would have given up 10 times over thing is, these days this is done a lot more now, but back when you started it, it's was something very uncommon! Brilliant update dude. 

Thank you Scott, very kind words indeed!

It is amazing it's still going, I agree. I do it mostly as a stress relief outlet if I'm honest. It's certainly more about the journey than the final destination.

Crazy engine swaps are without doubt more common than when I started this 7 years ago. I don't think there are that many fully space framed hobby builds though? Ones I've seen have been done in motorsport or fabrication shops. But of course, the quality is without doubt going to be better than anything I can build - I would hope so anyway!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old chassis rails now chopped out. While I wait for my machined collars & inserts for the mounting points I will be pondering a plan!

Gold Club Member# 001 Club Member Nova_Tek's Avatar
    Hertfordshire..... Builds: ......... Snowplough'd LET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where the phrase "built it, not bought it" cannot be argued!