Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2930

Thread: My Nova 16v Project

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spot on
    On Olly's car he just has to cut the IGN feed to the MBE system.
    Last edited by Dar; 24-05-08 at 03:36 PM.

Small Block Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woo! :D

i always have a tendancy to be non-commital and put IIRC, as I'd hate to fook someones car up haha!

Club Member Club Member CorsaBBoomer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't read all of the 101 pages but nice project you got going on there!
    Love the airbox!

As for that fia-cut-off-switch: we usually cut off the ground wire from the battery to the chassis

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks to Dar for helping me out verbally, and also to burgo who had left me the same information on MSN as I asked him then went back out to the car, and also to Oli who was also correct - all sorted, and it works - YAY!

so out of the jobs that had to be done this bank holiday weekend i have:

> DONE - increase passenger positive castor to match drivers wheel to wheel measurement
    > DONE - refit seats & harnesses, also raised drivers seat by 1 notch
    > DONE - get distribution block from halfords to extend cabling to battery
    > DONE - wire in fia switch > DONE - check gears as changed to internal shifter
    > DONE - make rear spring retainers
    > DONE - test drove it

still to do tomorrow and monday

> rear springs on
    > get down to get it tracked up for now, and for donny
    > get to Ashley, Walsall to have new exhaust made
    > slightly adjust gear shifter, as I can easily get R, 1, 3, 4, 5 but not 2 for some reason
    > lighten door handles
    > hole cut rear bumper

I've obviously pre-loaded my new quickrack waaaayyyy too much, as I can hardly turn the wheel, I know it's going to be heavier, but its way too heavy so when it's up on the ramps, the big 22mm preload nut is easily accessible so I'll sort it then

PS: how the hell did I do all those trackdays quickrackless - they're awesome!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good work Olz, really coming along now

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK - so my days work in photos...

Airbox & Ducting

First off, after giving airbox several coats of good ole; satin black, i fitted it, loving how it looks, and I nabbed our tumble dryer ducting which is a perfect fit @ 102mm ID, considering "special air ducting" is £25 per metre, in which I'd need 1.5 metres, which means paying for 2metres

So, I finally got to mash up my passenger headlight I bought from Craig Green ages ago (ta again), so I cut a 100mm hole in the back of that

Ran some of my favourite rubber edging around it

In risk of it coming off, I applied a small bead of clear silicone under the flaps and secured them with clips for an hour

All done!

Love this pic looking through the headlight I've made, up the tubing, might make a small sticker for the base of the headlight saying "AIR THIS WAY" and an arrow

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FIA Switch

Next up, not many pics as it's just wiring, but this is the said junction block I bought from Halfrauds to extend my 35mm2 wiring to my battery after going to my FIA switch, now runs down the passenger side of the exhaust tunnel instead of the drivers sill

The resistor looked quite dainty and didn't want the wire snapping, so I added bullet connectors and wrapped it black tape so it doesn't get caught on anything

Rear Spring Retainers

Then onto my rear spring retainers, take a 4mm thick steal right angle 'heavy duty shelf bracket' from B&Q (0.79p), and mark out the OD of the spring (82mm)

Drill out the centre hole to 10mm, to accomodate a M10 bolt

Weld on some 4mm sides to "hug" the spring, so it's seated correctly and cannot slide side to side, and spray matt black, of course

Now if you think where my fingers are, on the head of the bolt, this is going to be welded to my chassis and then the nut will be tightened thus holding the spring up to the bottom of my car, I'm aware the Nova rear beam pivots, which is handy because the retainer naturally sits on an angle on the spring, which will allow me to position it correctly

Castor shots

Just some pics of front wheels with castor added

Interior back in with shifter

Seats & harnesses back in with shifter, still need to tweak gears, drivers seat one notch higher, and fia switch now in and working (can see battery live cable (not fastened yet))

Once again, thanks for reading

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking funky mate, nice mod with the rear springs, certainly more classy than my fitting idea

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really looks ace olly!

Michelle must be so forgiving

Club Member Club Member fearless's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see a different approach to retaining the rear springs -

The method I use (And a lot of the rally boys !!) - Cut a section of seat belt webbing - one end secured with a bolt/large washer through the hole in the bottom of the rear beam near the shock mount, the other end bolted via the lip on the rear chassis leg - this restricts the rear beam from dropping too far causing the spring to drop out !!!

Glad you like the quick rack - Totally transforms the whole driving experience - Won't be long before you start thinking about EPAS !!!! Especially running a plate diff !!!!!!!!!!

Dave
    Dave France - The talent behind Fearless Motorsport Developments (FMD), creator of many a feature car including Brett Warburton's NovaWRC TotalVX cover car - a test run for my own project !!