Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are we so crazy about Nova'a?????

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im on my 5th nova started life at 17 with a 1.2 antib's that rotted out didn't think much more of them. went to ford o dear wot a mistake that was!!!!!bill's bills n more bills, then i got a sr loved every second of it never let me down.. sold it had a kid house etc, brought another wiv rust started doing it up,split wiv the other half so i to give it away, buy this time im 21 after a few other vauxhall's i end up wiv another nova a gsi loved it like u woludn't believe there's just something about them... i grow up a little have a few more expencive cars lexus is 200. boring as hell sold it!!! now i drive a M3 haven't looked at a nova in yr's the gsi was ment to be my last,But as they say save the best to last .
    But havin money a side another gsi came up and i just coudn't refuse it another nova .. full resto on this wiv a 2.0 16v engine go the hole hog. anyway i now use the nova more than the bm,makes me feel 18 again love it eveytime i get into it i smile.
    O im 26 now and i still cant get enough of it.
    Imo o think there the best hot hatch money can buy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDave
    but if u do that u'll be a member of the jap crap brigade.

I've owned nova's in the past (3 of em) and now i have a nice reliable newer car but to be honest if i could afford to go back to a nova i would, the fun factor is always good and like 'dannyb' says u can show alot of newer cars with higher power a clean set of tyres. one day my circumstances will change and i can have one again.

Dave
    WTF are you chap? Jap cr@p? Jap cars are FAR from crap chap!! In correlation, Nova's ARE sh1te compared to Jap cars! And this IS a fact

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes fair point but which costs more to repair??
    Plus theres not a 2 week order wait for Nova parts to be shipped over..........
    Most Nova faults can be tackled at the side of the road to be fair...........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *AnDyNoVa*
    Yes fair point but which costs more to repair??
    Plus theres not a 2 week order wait for Nova parts to be shipped over..........
    Most Nova faults can be tackled at the side of the road to be fair...........
    Uneducated i see

Yes, cost considerably more to repair then a Nova, compare a Jap Spec import or not car to a Nova, externally, internally and all the enginering and you know full well yourself what will come up trumps

As for waiting weeks for ordering parts? I think not chap, Honda parts counter same as GM turn around, same day or 3 day wait on 95% of the parts, plus Honda and IIRC Mitsi/Mazda panels come pre sprayed out the factory (Honda Civic EK3 Rear bumper supplied sprayed is ?103 INCLUDING VAT, so not a bad at all)

Most faults on any car can be tackled at the side of the road! How to you think Mr AA got so rich FFS

Open your eyes to wider world chap, theres more to life then Nova's, LET engines or not!

Blinkersville....

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tbh, most novas have had a hard life back in there day, they were ragged and not looked after, thus making them a load of bollox later on,

most jap cars, are loved from the start, and not many younger people can afford them let alone rag the tits out of them, making them more reliable

all tho iv got both, jap engine in a nova shell

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by srs1
    nova's are crap and i am also thinking of selling mine.
    They are utter **** . Worst cars i have ever driven in my life and i have driven some **** cars.

Save your money and get a newer car.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair points there L.O.T.N.Srs.....
    Each to their own and all that i s'pose

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There cheap, simple, easy to work on, and very easy to make stupidly quick !!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well at least i know, most of us have something in common

there w a n k

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_Rick
    They are utter **** . Worst cars i have ever driven in my life and i have driven some **** cars.

Save your money and get a newer car.
    My point entirely yes, ive got a Nova and also a Corsa, but looking back, TBFH i wish i had bought a jap car as a first car instead of a Nova.

All Nova's in some way or another are money pit's, HOWEVER there is indeed something about them that does appeal to me BUT something bigger in Jap cars that appeals to me more