Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: V6 Nova?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick question, but are you building this for straight line speed or fun through the twistys? Its going to be less than agile i can assure you!

If your building it because not many have been done, and it'ss be a bit different, i can relate to that, so fair play. Ive been umming and arring about doing one next year, but as a cruiser rather than a toy.

Just something to think about, it would be a shame to be dissapointed how it handles after all the hard work of doing the conversion, but as a show car / cruiser itll be lovely and smooth to drive i rekon.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol nice one, thanks all for yor replies keep the info comin, and more pics please!

Ill start looking for my new shell first, i feel a sleeper coming on........

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bottlethroddy
    Just a quick question, but are you building this for straight line speed or fun through the twistys? Its going to be less than agile i can assure you!

If your building it because not many have been done, and it'ss be a bit different, i can relate to that, so fair play. Ive been umming and arring about doing one next year, but as a cruiser rather than a toy.

Just something to think about, it would be a shame to be dissapointed how it handles after all the hard work of doing the conversion, but as a show car / cruiser itll be lovely and smooth to drive i rekon.
    As an answer to this ill be doing it because its something different really, and im sure the handling can be tampered with, most probably an electric PAS system will be installed also.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would do one just for the pure sound of that V6. They sound awesome when you put your foot down. All that air they suck in! Id really like to see a V6 build thread. :D

Dislikes stupid people
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For straight line speed and corners you dont want the V6, it may be "different" but if you want a fast car its not the way to go imo.

Also power steering isnt going to make it handle any better, just makes it easier to turn the wheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Philsutton
    For straight line speed and corners you dont want the V6, it may be "different" but if you want a fast car its not the way to go imo.

Also power steering isnt going to make it handle any better, just makes it easier to turn the wheel.
    Add TB's or a blower and suddenly a V6 will show you what its really about, but I agree, in standard form, its very lazy.

Dislikes stupid people
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeap but have you seen a nova engine bay lmfao, a blower is going to need to have a rather lot cut out of it, they are a tight fit in a vectra. Ive just never been impressed with them has a whole, ive always said if i was going to build one it would be rear engined, an then you have more room to play with it. But thats a whole other story an mucho work involved

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeedeo, I had exactly the same convo years ago when i was into my VeeDubs, the thread went on for ages about whether it was viable to slap a VR6 into a MK2 instead of a 1.8T, and most idiots look at the capacity and number of cylinders and instantly think its better. IIRC he went the VR route and got his **** handed to him at Brands by a 1.8T varient. Much the same weight issues were involved, as well as the 1.8 being uber tunable. I even kept up with him in my Jetta which only had a rebore and some dustbin lid valves

BUT, another chap i knew decided to TB his VR Mk2, and sweet bejesus, the thing was an animal! And much like a Valver Nova, he spent money on the chassis, and it went bloody well on track too.

I rekon TB's would fit with a bit of effort, but i agree on the blower, youd have to put it in the front of the car with a huge belt

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny you should say abotu a blower as i once had a dream about a v6 supercharged nova!

Didnt regal do a blower for the v6?

Wouldnt mind links or pics for this, not that i can afford to at this moment due to puttin my every day nova through MOT, but still if someone showed me how much room a blower took up in a veccy or cav, didnt baxter have one ages ago?

Dislikes stupid people
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a bit of a side track, a guy next to our unit has just got a renualt clio with a 1.8T in, got a rolling road print out of 417bhp before it jumped of the rolling road. It weighs about 600kg. Bit of an animal to say the least, funny thing is not much has been done to the engine to get that, god damn annoying . Those 1.8T are amazing engines to be fair.