Thread: X14xe conversion!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default X14xe conversion!

I've been offered a 1.4 16v engine out of a corsa sport and am just wondering what kind of work is involved in this conversion or is it basically just a straight swap, currently i have a k reg 1.2 non injection so i think i would need a new fuel tank but other than that is the conversion quite simple and is there a lot of work involved or will it just bolt on to the same mounts, would i need to uprate drive shafts etcetc? cheers Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sure your K-reg aint injection, most carb novas ended around J-plate time.
    If its carb you'll need an injection tank and pump.
    Its not a complete straight swap, engine goes straight in on std mounts, and shafts.

But the exhaust needs modding to fit the corsa downpipe, and you'll need the cars key transponder(out the ign key), the receiver(from around the ignition barrel) and the wiring for it for the immobiliser system to work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well thats what i thought Long Live about it being injection but i think maybe its had a new engine at some point because there is most definitly a carb on the engine and its got the bin lid airfilter on there so am pretty sure its carbs! is there anyway i can check about the tank? with the transponder and things like that do you just tape them up behind the dash or something like that? cheers andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the spi injector does look like a carb to some people and they have the big gay ir filters aswell

best way is how many bolts hold the air box on 2 or 3

2= spi
    3=carb

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andy_017
    I've been offered a 1.4 16v engine out of a corsa sport and am just wondering what kind of work is involved in this conversion or is it basically just a straight swap, currently i have a k reg 1.2 non injection so i think i would need a new fuel tank but other than that is the conversion quite simple and is there a lot of work involved or will it just bolt on to the same mounts, would i need to uprate drive shafts etcetc? cheers Andy

I'm doing the same conversion except am using bike carbs and aftermarket ignition, I wont be changing the shafts as I think standard ones should be good enough.

You don't need to change the tank, you could run a swirl pot instead.
    You'll need engine loom and ecu, exhaust downpipe.
    Don't know about engine mounts on a 1200, but SR ones are the same.

hth

Tom