Thread: rally car shell

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default rally car shell

i have bought a nova 1.2 that will be getting a bigger engine dropped in at some point but the main thing is to get the shell strong for a rally car. My dad says i have to have a mint shell and be strong. Novas are always going to need welding so surely the shell i have would do.The shell i have is minted, no rust except tiny bubbles on the doors. It passed ts mot no probs. If i bought a chassis strenghtning kit would that do the trick? Where can i get these kits from? Website links would be great. Thanks

Greg

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi greg, if your going to use it for rallying then the plating kit is essential, as are a pair of strut top plates along with some extensive seam/stitch welding of the shell if you want it to last and be stiff. If you need any advice on what to do to your sheel exactly your more than welcome to get in contact!

Im sure someone on here will post a link to where you can buy these kits as i cant, .

Chris

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers! will look on your website!

I am going to put a plating kit on, seam weld and the strut top plates and a full roll cage. It should be good enough! Its one of the cleanest shells i have seen going about here!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers mate, if you get stuck with anything let us know! Will have to get some pics up for us to look at?

Chris

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default nova rallycar

you can get a plating kit from harry hockley ot there is someone else selling them on ebay. There is also a build manual you can get which is a useful read.

Go along to a local club rally (there are always novas about) and have a chat to the owners. this is the best way to find out about what works well.

On a cage front a weld in type is a pig to fit but gives you piece of mind. you can get good bolt in ones though. go for the best you can afford, especially if you plan to go into the forest.

Gareth

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i decide to carry on with the idea of building it then yes i will get pics up but i have been looking on ebay and found a few nova stage rally cars that are pretty cheap. It would be easier buying one with the shell all welded, cage in and a good sr/gsi engine in. I think it will probalby be cheaper and alot less work just buying one and modifying to my own spec.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good idea buying a ready nove, saves time and effort. make sure it aint fecked underneath tho, if its been in the forest it will have gravel rash all under it, unless it has a full skid plate

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers guys. Think i will buy one ready to go and then add my own things to it.