Thread: nova dyno results

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart
    aww sorry am i supposed to suck matts cock like the rest of you just because of some car he purchased.... it dosent make him invincible from ropey dyno results ffs.....

the engine "could" be 170 bhp and its just simply not the spec hes telling us/knows about... the usual "shes a goodun" or "its a special lump" just dont hold out with people who understand engines.

Rollers are out all over the place due to operator spazzyness DEAL WITH IT
    lmao!!
    y would we want to suck his cock?????

we are just stating that the red nova is very quick for what it is
    early xe engines were 156bhp so there is every chance that it could be a 170bhp

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you dont tend to gain 15bhp from an exhaust and "chip".... thats all.... but i guess max power adding like in the first page works well dosent it

a cunning operator could have swung 200bhp if he thought it would make the owner wet himself

Chest Butter Premium User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Stu have you been waiting for a thread like this just to go off on one about what you think know about rolling roads???

No one gives a ****! Give it a god dam rest please!

Whats wrong with buying a car some one else has built? If I had a ferrari would you think I was a nob head because I didnt build it myself?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NickWalliams
    Whats wrong with buying a car some one else has built? If I had a ferrari would you think I was a nob head because I didnt build it myself?
    a ferrari is a factory prodused car so your not realy backing up your point there

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just as a comparison. Beow are the graphs for my old XE lump taken on Courtenay's rollers not long after they were installed. On the same rollers I have had 3 standard cars (all within 3yrs old) that put out near book figures.

My engine spec at this time was headwork, cams, powercap and grpN chip. The engine had done about 10k after a FULL rebuild.

173.3 bhp & 160 lbft.

Your bhp may not be too far out but your torque figure seems a little higher at 173.

Simps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart
    see chris. you wasted your time with TB's and cams.....
    Im breaking it now then stu
    Nova---less

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aww have i poked nerves about RR results.... meh like i care

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matthew172
    well funnely enough pal the red one is not far behind the green one because ive had them side by side and i know this because i own both lmfao
    and your point is? That the rolling road is inaccurate for both cars?
    Or are you trying to say that Bretts old car doesn't make any more power for the TB's and MBE than your red one? If that's the case, what a waste of money!

I can't see it personally, the fundamentals of the internal combustion engine (air+spark+fuel=power+torque) usually mean that a better ecu (more fuel)and TB's (more airflow) produce an increase.

I went to Power Zone at Padiham in Lancs while my mate picked up some stuff for his Mini, and a guy went on the rollers in a saxo vtr and ran 103bhp. They sold him an air filter (!) and re-ran it at 127bhp!!!!! Standard car! People tell you what you wanna hear!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R
    and your point is? That the rolling road is inaccurate for both cars?
    Or are you trying to say that Bretts old car doesn't make any more power for the TB's and MBE than your red one? If that's the case, what a waste of money!

I can't see it personally, the fundamentals of the internal combustion engine (air+spark+fuel=power+torque) usually mean that a better ecu (more fuel)and TB's (more airflow) produce an increase.

I went to Power Zone at Padiham in Lancs while my mate picked up some stuff for his Mini, and a guy went on the rollers in a saxo vtr and ran 103bhp. They sold him an air filter (!) and re-ran it at 127bhp!!!!! Standard car! People tell you what you wanna hear!
    must of been 1 of those 'max power' universal filters !!

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL at this thread...

I am with the majority though, unlikely that you have anywhere near what the 'rollers' say..

I certainly wouldnt put my car anywhere near those rollers.. above 7000 rpm and the tappits would be screaming for their oil back!!!

Good luck pal, I am sure you have the quickest XE on here. Go post on Mig, that will shut you up!