Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: nova dyno results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i appreciate what you are trying to say, and yes your are spot on, the only true guage is to remove the engine and do a proper job.

the link you have supplied is kind of useless tho, as they are trying to sell the item so it will obviosly be the best on the planet. they wouldnt exactly sell many if they said it was of an average standard and would match many of the others available.

The false results dished out country wide are not so much the machinery but the operators themselves. there are ways of falsifying results, thus you get a nice big figure and are chuffed then tell your mates, they use the same people in the hope of again nice big results and the loop of dragging in extra trade starts. its the oldest trick in the book and over the years i have found myself travelling upto 3 hours just to get to a r/r with a no frills you gets what you gots attitude after being ripped off many times and learning the hard way myself without any advise from others

Dan

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well he uses this rr on his own kit car to set it up etc so i expect he would want it as near to perfect as possible

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All very true points. Theres loads on contributeing factors to a RR result. I use Stevens rollers as its no frills. No fancy posters on the walls, no chav's in looking for a superchip on there 1.2 clio.

And i dont use them to get a figure, i use them as more of a health check. If you get a nice figure then generally your engines running nice and healthy. You can also get fueling mixture results etc.

So from your results matthew, i'd say thats a really good going XE with plenty of life left in it!

Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good power figures you have there. just so you can compare heres my results.

Below is my rolling road result from jam motorsport of northampton.
    As you see the slight difference in torque. Amazed your xe is on par with me tho at only 2k as well ?? Obviously there must be summat wrong with mine??

Nova---less

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krobinson
    All very true points. Theres loads on contributeing factors to a RR result. I use Stevens rollers as its no frills. No fancy posters on the walls, no chav's in looking for a superchip on there 1.2 clio.

And i dont use them to get a figure, i use them as more of a health check. If you get a nice figure then generally your engines running nice and healthy. You can also get fueling mixture results etc.

So from your results matthew, i'd say thats a really good going XE with plenty of life left in it!

Keith
    cheers keith, its only done 68 genuine and gets serviced regularly so its still a good strong motor

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its worth noting that you "graph" is pointless too... no offence here but its power vs time... not rpm so you cant compare it to someone elses graph etc..... might be the best machineary about but if the monkey running it cant use it you may aswell draw your own graph from your **** dyno

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats 4rse dyno btw not something else the swear filter might deny

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That torque figure is on a par with a certain peppermint nova with TB's....

Shurely Shome Mishtake???
    Get busy living, or get busy dying.......................

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rick, there is no point looking at his graph. its done on the wrong axis.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stu's a homo , just read that and double glanced the graph again and i hate him although my views dont change along with everyone elses

wise words from keith, end of the day as long as it goes well and feels a million dollars the rest doesnt matter ( just take note of peoples views for future reference regardless of how daft they seem now )