Thread: tyre probs:(

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default tyre probs:(

my sr is lowered bout 80mm at front,and the front tyres dont last more than 3 months,it might have sommit to do with me driving like a fuckin nutter:D
    any suggestions, ive had the trackin done,there shortened shox.

its just really pissin me off as i use 195/45 and there quite a price to keep replacing.

im getting a front strut brace anyway,but do u think this will reduce the tyre wear much,as it will stiffen the car,more,although its already quite stiff as i have a 6 point cage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RE: tyre probs:(

yes mate u will have to adjust the camber on the front ov your car
    mine is lowerd about the same and i mounted my shocker tops 9mm further outwards and got the tracking redone and its cured mine

Micky@novaload.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the camber is out it will wear the inside edge of the tyres. Another alternative to mickys sugestion (especially good for a 2.0) is to get a TAS track arm strengthening kit you have to weld them in yourself or get it done. It consists of a plate to strengthen the track arms (which is good to reduce torque steer on 2.0 conversions) also it has a rose joint for the inner bush which will allow you to adjust the camber. These are on offer at the moment to PNG members at ?35 instead of ?75.

Plese don't let busses pull out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get your bushes changed on the tie bar and lower arms cause they will proably be fucked!!