Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: given up?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pulsa gti-r no need for mods . oh and my sisters litle nissan micra, almost 200,000 miles on it never faild an mot! shame its a micra tho

the thing thats getting up my **** at the mo is the fecking springs, ive changed one struts spring and now im doing the second one the grips are not gripping the shaft so everything is turning

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LUV2XLR8
    pulsa gti-r no need for mods
    Very much the opposite actually - anyone who buys a GTi-R and leaves the standard cheese brakes on it is asking for death.

Can't say I've had any trouble with my Celica though, bar the gay gearchange - but thats probably more due to the place I bought it from using Bodgit & Runs to do the clutch on the cheap. Compared to my mates 306's, my Novas and even my dad's old Golf its been flawless.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, i was thinking of an import from japan, they treat their cars well over there, well as far a i know

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imports can be a lot of bother though, insurance premiums can be as much as triple the UK versions (I had a quote for a UK Supra @ ?640, but the Import version was ?1900, same for Evos, GTOs, Pulsars, etc. Galants seemed to be Ok though...), and in some cases parts can be a pain to get hold of - and if you do get the parts, some garages may refuse to fit them. For example, Toyota Insurance doesn't touch imported GT4s, and I know a bunch of dealers which refuse to work on them even though there's naff all difference between a UK and JDM spec model!

Then there's the import conversions, SVA, modifications to suit the UK roads etc - not so bad if you can get a company to do it all for you as part of the import process but if you buy an existing import you need guarantees its all legit and done properly. Service history is non-existant at best for imports, and if there is any its either in random japanese or totally made up! Come to think of it the mileages are alwasy suspicious... I always found it odd how most imports seem to be 68k

If you can put up with all that then yeah they tend to be in better condition, lower mileage, have more toys, etc

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats the one thing that finally made my mind up to let my nova go... MONEY . It looked fine but in reality was costin a bomb to keep it lookin that way. Of course , having all the bits sorted ( namely rust - damn stuff ) and resprayed could have been an option , but in the long of it , dosh was the deciding factor , so a different car was purchased .For me , it also made better sense to have a bigger car ... I now drive a cavalier 1.8 i , comfort is brilliant ,but , it aint half the fun to drive as the old Nova.....

Hope its new owners lookin after it ...

Its a personal choice ...in the end patience will give out .....maybe try to get a another Nova ?
    Last edited by sickrabbit; 16-06-06 at 02:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razorjack
    I always found it odd how most imports seem to be 68k
    FACT: in japan after cars go over 60k khm they either scrap them or sell them to the UK importers! as there transport regulations have some weird law!

Sorry, need to get milk!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get naffed off and wonder whether I should look for a super touring Veccy.