Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1.8 16v

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RE: 1.8 16v

If you modify your 1.8 16V wih head and induction etc, it will be quick, but I have to agree that the older engines do give a better power to weight ratio. The 16v lump your talking about is an Ecotec. For example look at the original 2.0 16v giving 156bhp as standard, and the equivelent Ecotec only giving 134bhp. Its the same all the way down. The old 2.0 8v sri 130 lump gives 130bhp and more torque. Think carefully, as its alot of work only to change your mind later!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOVATAKER.I weren't having a dig, it's just that i have not come across any nova engine swaps, i.e 1.3 to 1.8,2.0 8v that have been worth the time and money.Where did the engine come from?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't got the engine yet going to collect it this weekend from Liverpool. I'm not 100% wat the power will be like but I need a bit of economy aswell, I need my car 4 work everyday, I don't won't it to drink me to pennies! I was thinkin of doing a 1.8 SOHV 8v with twin 40's but that will be too juicy... So lads\laydees I might have a set of twin 40's up for grabs soon.....