Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chav Mods

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Chav Mods

This thread has got me thinking. What do people class as "chav" modifications?

IMO I'm thinking pointless mods - i.e. those that serve no real function ('appearance' is not counted as a 'function' ). Think EDVs, graphics for products not present on the car, massive touring-car style spoilers on fwd cars, fake brake discs, stick on non-functional vents...

Discuss :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L.E.D washer jets,exhausts that u cud put your head inside, and stupid seat covers are a big no no!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electric Dump Valves, More Than 2 Tail Pipes (seen a saxo with 6 )

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does having 3 mates in the car with baseball caps on count as a mod?

Under car neons, LED number plate bolts, stupid font plates, more fiberglass than metal (kit cars excepted)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bump
    Does having 3 mates in the car with baseball caps on count as a mod?
    Cheap and easy lowering; Chav Mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything you'd expect to see in a fast and the furious film (apart from the classic muscle cars).

6x9's on show on the parcel shelf not stealthed as they should be. Aftermarket gearknobs and steeringwheels in an otherwise standard poverty spec interior.

Spinners. Of the crap plastic kind, the 20" chrome ones on 4x4's just make you look like a tosser, not like a chav.

Anything that remotely relates to "burberry".

Any mods that could have been good, badly done. For example, I generally think smoothed nova tailgates look chavvish, but I have seen a few that looked good, I think most of that boils down to the choice of bumper + numberplate recess + exhaust tip combination.

Splattering any kind of manufacturers names or logos on the exterior of the car, unless you race it, and those manufacturers happen to be your sponsors.

On a car that has a centred front numberplate, sticking it to one side, unless the bumper fitted was specifically designed for that with a designated space for it.

I think it depends on the car too, you can add plastic and fibreglass to for example a nova, and have it look good, but at least 95% of them don't. Its a case of an M3 bodykit looking good on a 3 series, but not on a nova. Or the dodge viper pair of stripes running down the middle, on a nova/saxo. Another example would be jap style kits on novas I see as chavvish, jap style kits on an evo look like an evo...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sunstrips that say 'motorsport'

those crappy little replacement alloy ariels, even worse are the anodised ones.

harness pads on seatbelts.

anything that bares the words 'max power'

wheel trims that look like alloys.

clip on tail pipe trims.

windows that are tinted far too much or even those ones that fade from a colour to silver or black!

chrome wheels.

stickers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wouldnt necessarily say chrome rims are chav, as alot of people have them who arent particularly chavs. but id say washer jet Led's more than 2 exhaust pipes and what we call baby head exhausts!
    IMO I'm thinking pointless mods - i.e. those that serve no real function
    spot on!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chav cars in general usually look pretty bad. Come down to Bridgewater if you wanna see the most pathetic attempt of cars. Lmao. We saw one the other day that did seriously look like a space rocket. And the sad thing is, is that they have nothing better to do then drive laps around McDonalds drive through.

I saw I think one of the most chavy cars ever the other day. Twas a girls car. It was pink. Had playboy EVERYTHING....number plate, seat covers, steering wheel cover, playboy bunnies sprayed onto the car. The exhaust I could have fitted my head into. This car nearly made me throw up. And then the chav that drove the car came out and she was just as bad....Well...Hugh Heifner wouldn't have looked twice at her.
    *Sigh* Tsk Tsk

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh how could they