Thread: questions about 32/34 carb fitting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default questions about 32/34 carb fitting

I have brought a 32/34 Dtml carb (although its not here yet) it comes with the adaptor to the manifold and is already jetted up for my engine.
    But being a manual choke i got a choke cable from an old landrover. is there a n easy way to feed the choke cable into the car?
    Also the carb doesnt come with an airfilter or the adaptor to fit an filter. so can anyone recommend me a filter and possibly where to buy it from.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it is the correct model for the nova the standard air filter should fit, the only bolt-on filters I'm aware of are pipercross 300/3000 series- they do a specific base-plate for this carb. There should be a small rubber grommet next to where the accelerator cable comes out of the bulkhead, this is the hole for the choke cable, Might be worth getting a choke cable out of a scrapped nova as it'll allready be the right length and will also fit perfectly into the dashboard.

Senior User
    HMP Dartmoor Hobbies: Running up walls Dislikes: Bling
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

choke cable from a 1.2 carbed Nova will do fine.
    You need to cut it down (about half) though but its dead easy to do and it fits properly.

You should also get an adaptor plate for the air filter (with the kit) so it matches the pierburg 2e3 screw holes.

or u can get a proper 32/34 DMTL filter (ram-air, K&N..) from www.larkspeed.com.