Thread: DIY Seat Retrim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DIY Seat Retrim

i was after a bit of advice from any1 who has attempted/succeed with this...

What i want to do is remove the original seat covers from the frames of the seats and use the covers as a template to make new covers. Does this work? What type of material should i use etc etc etc. Basically im just after any info on this at all!!!

Many thanx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RE: DIY Seat Retrim

it may sond stupid but watch those DIY shows on discovery home and leisure coz they have upholstering programs on as do a lot of the other similar stations. thats all the help i can give unless your covering em in electrons :D lmao

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering worship my electronics skills :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes you can recover them as you stated a tip for you is when you remove the covers you will have to cut the little metal rings holding the seats together,when you put them back use tyeraps(spelling???)to pull the seats to shape you will see what i mean.
    The thread to use is clear thread then if you slip with the machine you will not see the thread an it looks perfect done my own a few months back i got the material from a local factory fabrics centre its the same stuff your seats are made of,,, gives you an idea see these pics http://uk.briefcase.yahoo.com/kf139

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really nice car mate! did you do all the work yourself?

Could you mail me to talk about your retrim?

mann_colin@hotmail.com

Col.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just took a look at your link aswell Keith, you've done a fantastic job on your car. It looks really good. The interior, the bodywork, the engine. You can tell that you've spent alot of time on the car. I wish I had the talent and the time to do stuff like that to my car.

Jim.

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers jim took about 18 months to complete and the whole car stands me just less than ?550 (including ice)just wanted to show you can do mods on the cheap and with the help and ideas off you guys & galz it's all come together a treat

cheers all and many thanks Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?550!!! cricky mate....well done!

I'm about to start making new covers for my front seats. I've got an Antibes with the nice red and grey interior, but I've fitted SR seats in the front, so they don't match.
    Anyway, I've got hold of some proper Antibes fabric off a back seat to use to make some covers....I'm gonna have fun!
    Should look good after though....hopefully

MKII Nova Brochure scans to be added to www.novabug.co.uk soon!