Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine conversion add-on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Engine conversion add-on

Does anyone have any idea on how much the insurance company would add on to my insurance policy for putting a 1.6 gsi engine into my 1.2?

Roughly if my insurance would be ?1400 on a standard GSi?

I just got a very nice quote from admiral for a gsi, and i would love to keep my 1.2 shell as its in mint condition. (No rust on its origional arches 8) )

3 1/2 rods.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i put a 1.6 T40 in my 1.2 - all mods insured.

You pay an arm and a leg - and i was getting alot cheaper qoutes for a original GSi than 1400...

try giving us some details and maybe i could have a guess

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how old you be?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont tell them! if the plod pull you over and they look under the bonnet there just see an 8v.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SEYMOUR!
    dont tell them!
    Rofl! I thought to myself "I bet that guy will suggest to not tell the insurance company" before looking at your reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i got an online quote with admiral on a standard gsi for 1k tpft. Ill be 18 with a years no claims, and thought that was pretty amazing.

I have a 1.2 at the moment, i want to put a GSi engine in it (C16SE?). Car will be lowered 40mm, 15" comp mo's, and probably a s/s exaust system.

I could just sell up and find a gsi, but the shell on this 1.2 is mint! the only rust on the whole car is on the bottom of the doors, even the arches are amazingly clean. 1 lady owner and 6k later ::

If it wasnt for insurance, i would have a 1.6 carb up and running by now, the engine/doner car is sitting at work

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they wont like it at all, why dont you ask who has already done this, get there liscence plate and get a quote from that simple,.

considering insurance companies dont even like you having BIGGER BETTER BRAKES!!! surely more safe, i cant see how they would like another engine swapped over, as soon as you say, NOVA they add 500? on top of what ever the price is o twats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

" as for no telling the insurance companies about a conversion"

this could possibly be the dumbest and biggest mistake you could make in your life, you might aswell be driving about with no insurance, as any accidents or fatalities and you will be in some SERIOUS CRAP WITH THE LAW not to mention having to pay court and lawer fewsas the insurance wont need to help you

3 1/2 rods.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richie87
    Well i got an online quote with admiral on a standard gsi for 1k tpft. Ill be 18 with a years no claims, and thought that was pretty amazing.

I have a 1.2 at the moment, i want to put a GSi engine in it (C16SE?). Car will be lowered 40mm, 15" comp mo's, and probably a s/s exaust system.

I could just sell up and find a gsi, but the shell on this 1.2 is mint! the only rust on the whole car is on the bottom of the doors, even the arches are amazingly clean. 1 lady owner and 6k later ::

If it wasnt for insurance, i would have a 1.6 carb up and running by now, the engine/doner car is sitting at work
    i reckon you'd be struggling. The only place i found willing to insure me was Equity red star through Adrian Flux - I'm on a limited mileage policy (very limited) in a very very good postcode area, 19 2 years of driving 0ncb, no accidents or claims. Plus i live in portsmouth for 36 weeks of the year and the car remains at home.

that's 1k tpft, so your going to be pushing it i thinik

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richie87
    Thats insane! :o
    I couldn't get a quote under ?1500, if i was aged 19 and had a yrs NCB.