Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Longmill?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Longmill?

are any of the longmill products any good?-most of their speakers in my store are pants on the stand,but they mightve just been thrashed b4 I got there.I was thinking of a longmill 10" sub?-how are these compared to boss 250watt 10" subs?also,when making an enclosure,how do I know what sizes are right etc?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RE: Longmill?

longmill are way better than boss!!! the 10" subs are great for ?35 ish!!!! the enclusure is a bit of an odd craft!! it should have a numder with it saying how many liters of air you want. and you make a box up to that spec. the kenwood catalouge has box sizes in it!! its a good ref

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering worship my electronics skills :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where can I get hold of a kenwood catalogue?-is the size done for their own products wattage?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some longmill stuff is good, but there speciality is amps, not subs. They make superb spl amps, but some of there speakers head units etc can be abit poor. When you build an enclosure, follow the manufacturers guides on size etc, as all subs have different requirements. If you cant find it in a catalogue, try phoning them. Dont forget the most important part. Make sure you have the right type of enclosure, i.e sealed, or ported or free air. Get this wrong, and u might asweel just use your dash speakers!

Whoopass! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its definately worth saving a little extra for a bigger brand name when it comes to subs. The build quality will be better, and they will last longer. Also there isnt that much difference in price.

Whoopass! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

longmill are good for budget installs. infinity 10" are adout ?50 now so that would be better than a ?35 10" from lonmill. you can get kenny catalogues from most car audio shops

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my longmill sub was good for about 5 minutes until the springs popped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you do know that you need to bed speakers in just like you do with brakes!!! you take it gently for about 1 month then you can start going progressively higher until you can get the most out of it!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep also look at eminence, apparently they build subs to last! anyone fancy a 18 incher for ?160???

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If u visit www.longmill.com(or is it.co.uk?) u can get amps from the factory n ex demo stock for not very much:D