Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Olly vs Olly donny shoot out..lol

PNG OS Survivor Club Member scott.parker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well sorry to olly H as i have not seen him drive,but i still would put money on olly TB,as i have seen his driving skill,he's good and that astra is fast with really really good handling,i think the astra is better suted to the engin,as they built to take a big engine like that..

Where i know my self the nova just was not ment for it,even when you get a nova with a C20XE in it's still not going to handle great if you put the best susspension set up money could buy,the engine sits to far forward over the axis,making understeer a problem,when you look at a small block engine such as jims,or dans you see they sit perfect with the main wieght sat dead center at point of axis..

Some times i wonder if i made the right choice,and i think i would use a c16xe if i could do it again,just to get better handling,but for power,to the amount it coast's the C20xe is best..

Scott

Dislikes stupid people
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the mk1's never came with 2.0's though did they? i thought they came with more nova like engines?

PNG OS Survivor Club Member scott.parker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Philsutton
    the mk1's never came with 2.0's though did they? i thought they came with more nova like engines?
    True they wer 1.8 tge's but still they are better matched to the engine then the nova,im sure there must be others out there that can fill in the gaps better then i could..

Scott

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the 1.8's are big blocks same as the 2l 8v

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nathan1600
    yeah, i still think ollytb is gonna be quicker. that video he posted up was awesome, very fast.
    does olly h have any track experience?
    olly H is a good mate of mine. hes had some track experience in his previous car mk3 astra LET.

ive done a lot of work on this nova after he smashed it when returning home from fitting his bucket seats wiht him. the car is awsome, hes a good driver, still getting used to the car though, i reckon itl be close, especially with TB`s fitted, didnt need them though fast a F*CK in the first place weighing absolutely nothing.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The nova is certainly a quicker track car with the diff, it would be very close but it could easily be decided from driver capability.

I was supposed to be driving my mates 300bhp let nova with a diff but last night he chose to break it rather than risk bugering anything up on the track day, so we'll be coming in my car that I've been rebuilding, one slight problem is that its not finished yet and i've only got 6 days to do it,

eitherway way, its going to be a good ay for us all

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's gonna snow

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)