Thread: just bought a nova sri...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default just bought a nova sri...

the car had a pioneer h/unit in it, took that out only to find the wires are all in a mess. the block that goe sin the back of the pioneer has been wired straight to wires from the loom with electrical tape so its looks a right bodge just want to put my active black sony h/unit in there. any body got a list or photos or even diagrams that would help me match up the right wires?
    or is it just a case if matching the same colour to the same colour?

any help much appreciated!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alrite mate, just had to do the pretty much same thing in my car. Was no ISO connector in the car due there being no previous radio/cassette - just a bunch of wires! What you wana get is a "PC3-08 Car Radio Lead" (ISO Connector), it is the plug with a load of wires coming out the back, it will clip straight into the one on the back of the Sony HU. the wires "should" match up perfectly after a bit of farting about and a load of crimping.

You got the book for the Sony HU ? It will show you a diagram of the ISO Plug on the HU showing you what each of the colour wires does. Wire the wres into the back of the Car ISO Plug. Might find you won't need all the wires, on mine i dont use; Blue - Power Antenna, Whites/Greys - Front Speakers or Orange - Can't remember what that was for now.

Helped me to do a diagram of the ISO of the HU with the wires and what they were for and then one of the ISO - was a great excuse to get out the lil sisters felt tip pens aswell

Hope that what I have written is correct

btw, i got the ISO Connectr for the car from www.nexxia.com for about ?5. ?1 P&P i think, took two days....