Thread: Wireing a sub up ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wireing a sub up ?

If you have a headunit and it just has two pre outs for two sets of speakers and no sub out, then how do you wire the sub ?
    Im sorry im a newbie but learn easy and once i work this one out ? then can get a nice sub.
    Also what a good sub to buy that can take trance hard house and some real hard bass ? ive heard some subs and they dont seem to have that deep bass sound to them, they sound like cheap hifi systems with a booooom that gose on instead of boom boom boom, sorry im not a techie.
    Daz

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for subs mate u cant go wrong with audio bahn or rockford imo

also id recomend two 10" subs rather than a single 12"

Anti-chav spelling police
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Wireing a sub up ?

Quote Originally Posted by music junky
    If you have a headunit and it just has two pre outs for two sets of speakers and no sub out, then how do you wire the sub ?
    Im sorry im a newbie but learn easy and once i work this one out ? then can get a nice sub.
    The pre out's aren't just for sepakers - most stereos have 4 sets of speaker outputs (front left / right & rear left / right) aswell as a pair of pre-outs (RCA's) - front and rear.
    The 'normal' incar speakers can easily be wired upto the standard speaker outputs and most modern car stereos are powerful enough to provide loud good quality sounds without the need for a seperate ampifier.
    The sub however is different - these should be run off a seperate amp and the sound should also be filtered so that only the low frequency's go to the sub and nothing else. Most amps come with built in Low Pass filters (LP - for Subs) and High Pass filter (HP - For mids & tweeters) so it should save you having to buy a seperate crossover to filter them yourself.
    The amps can get their sound input from either a set of RCA's or also from the speaker outputs of the headunit (But best to go for the RCA's as they provide slighty better quality). Then it's just a case of powering the Amp (+12v, Switched +12v and a earth), plugging in a set of RCA's, making sure the LP filter is on, and wiring in the sub - then you just have to play with the gains to get the sound how you want it (Start with the gains turned down and work up - not the other way round!!).

Hope that's of some help.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats the best sub to get for Hip-Hop ie, 50 Cent, Ludacris and R n B???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sub

Thanks for the help guys I wasant sure how the sub got wired up but now i know thanks.
    Daz

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassie-Nova
    Whats the best sub to get for Hip-Hop ie, 50 Cent, Ludacris and R n B???
    my alpine 12" type R was spot on for rap but didt sound good for dance hence the reason am runnin 2 10" subs and a 12"