Thread: permanent live needed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default permanent live needed

Hey all just fitted my headunit had to kinda bodge it as there was no permanent live coming from my car so i had the put the permanent live and ignition live wires both onto the inginion live wire from my car, my question is what would be the best way to make a permanent live, fuse and wire from batery or from somwhere in the fusebox? I have no ciggy lighter so no option there

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Red wires

All the live wires are red. You can buy a forked connector so you could potentially take a line from any. The Haynes manual for my 88 merit says that the originally fitted radio took its power from the same circuit as the clock, hazard lights and interior light. this could be problematic as modern ICE may draw more current than the fuse would take. If you do split another red wire then be sure that you know what it is and if it is fused. Again, you can by a fuse connector to go into a wire, I'd reccomend a normal 3A fuse. Try Maplins.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you havn't cut any wires yet, the adapter you need is PC2-04-4 this will doo all the wiring and no need to swap wires

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Live

If you want a perminent live then just run a wire from the battery!
    Taking wires from other places is a bit del boy.
    Look at your fuse box and find a spare connection to run a wire from.
    Most of the time there was wires to connect to optional equipment if you wanted them from the makers, all you had to do was attach them and wire them up.
    Get a multi meter and check some wires in the car, or take a wire from the fuse box becouse thats wht its made for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is one for electric windows on the right hand side of the fuse box, get a proper connector though as it wouldn't be good bodged.

Or a feed from battery (include a fuse somewhere)