User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Speaker grills/mesh

Alrite guys,

Finally got the speakers installed on the parcel shelf, not yet connected to the hu....hu not yet installed is why Was a right sod as none of the screws clips actually fit and had to use some unsightly bolts after a lot of arseing about.......anyways...... the Mesh part is supposed to just slot in, which it does, but it is constantly poping out of the grill.

What is the best way around this? Can i have me speakers with out the mesh cover or will this lead to dust/sunlight or any other problems effecting em?

AND, my parcel shelf seems to bounce around abit when driving, would some foam or something placed in the slots where the back of the parcel shelf goes help stop this occuring?

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My alpines used to do this. Its probably due to the speaker being screwed in ever so slightly skewed. You can run them without the grilles on, just be careful if you've got stuff on the parcel shelf that could damage them.

As for the parcel shelf bouncing around, I used blu-tac to cusion each side... works great