Club Member Club Member wisewood's Avatar
    El Secreto, Santander, Colombia, Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

made sticky by request.
    Ades Garage was fantastic, and to be hoenst i cant believe you're gonna destroy all that hard work that took you about a month longer than you expected and start again on an even bigger project. Good luck with it mate.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that looks the dogs mate love it. i always thought that them lights would be really small on a nova because they do on the puntos but they look great!

keep us all updated!!!!!

Nam

Club Member Club Member wisewood's Avatar
    El Secreto, Santander, Colombia, Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nam
    keep us all updated!!!!!
    lmfao - thats the whole point of this thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also have fiat items but they aint punto :twisted: look forward to seein how u blend em in

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also have fiat items but they aint punto look forward to seein how u blend em in
    Erm...good question.

I'm currently working on that as we speak (technical drawings and general scribbles etc). Below is the 1st draft of what the overall finished car will look like (these have been posted before so apologies those who have seen them).

Ive made some changes alrewady (theres no V grill and the wheels will be bigger). The custom front bumper and grill will be moulded together and fit around the lights. The wings need modding slightly. I need to make sure I can get the lights out which will probably mean removing the bumper! I'll need to mod the wings a little and am hoping I dont need to remove them to get the lights out if ever I need to!

The biggest issue is supporting them from underneath. The lights are flat bottommed unlike the novas which sit on a peg style clip. I need to build a shelf thats the correct height and anchor them in position top and bottom. This is going to be tricky because for some reason the front on my car (across the slam panel) is 2cm higher at one side than the other! I think this has something to do with an old crash I had which took out the left passenger wing and light housing. I've knocked the housing about a bit and its back in place but I need to make sure when the cars on levle ground the lights are the same height.

Does anyone know what the legal height for lights are? I'm using the Novas existing position as a bench mark so there shouldnt be any probs.

Colour wise I've decided to go for either BMW Mini Cooper Metalic Gun Metal grey or Silver with Light grey/black interior. Dash wise I'm aiming for something in the region of the Nissan 350Z look but with a difference - satin/brushed metalic effect finish and subtle detailing.

Thanks to Andy for stickying this - I'll try and keep it updated as often as I can although for those who were subjected to the last Ades Garage it wont be updated daily as Im not cramming it into 6 weeks like before however I intend to submit tons of how to guides. Just keep an eye on it.

This post is also intended for people who have rebuild/redesigned their Novas to share any hints/tips with me and the rest of us.

Thinks like fitting brakes, redesigning and building from scratch bumpers, dash boards, relocating your dash clocks etc!

8)

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fook me that looks nice. i cant wait to this baby :P

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow that should be amazing, the plans look like they will really bring the nova up to date, keep it up and good luck finishing!!!

saaarf-ampt'n nova completion: 0% - looking for another clean shell
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

baby monaro ne one?