Thread: Door speakers

Senior User Premium User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baha_guy
    components what r they u got any pics and price range of them. Because i dont want 6x9 if i can get better onces....

components consist of a pair of usually 4-6" speaker and a pair of 1-2" tweeter and a pair of crossovers and usually all the wiring too!!! u can get them from ?20 a set upto ?200-?300 a set
    i don't have ne pics soz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/...hp+cPath+60_61

thats the Components section on CarAudioSecurity... have a look about on there to get an idea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

baha to see 6x9s in doors to go to my post in styling called interior theres a link in one of the posts (first one with a pic) that shows some 6x9s mounted in the doors. Why don't 6x9s sounds good, im really flexible on what kind of speakers im gonna use ill most definately be going with a pioneer head unit but apart from that i don't mind......what I'm looking for is loud but with bass that dosnt drown out the sounds........in one of my mates cars he has some door speakers 6x9s and a 12" sub and i must admit that theres some parts of the frequency that his speaks don't play and it definatly shows, he has sum jbl 6x9s but there are way to bassy for me.....and then in some other of my mates car they simply have h/u plus 6x9s and sub and they play incredibly loud with no distortion and the bass from the proper place (sub) what i do no i want is a resonable quality sound but that can play really loud, i no this means high quality speakers but i wouldnt have thort this ruled out 6x9s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Senior User Premium User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hasek-na
    baha to see 6x9s in doors to go to my post in styling called interior theres a link in one of the posts (first one with a pic) that shows some 6x9s mounted in the doors. Why don't 6x9s sounds good, im really flexible on what kind of speakers im gonna use ill most definately be going with a pioneer head unit but apart from that i don't mind......what I'm looking for is loud but with bass that dosnt drown out the sounds........in one of my mates cars he has some door speakers 6x9s and a 12" sub and i must admit that theres some parts of the frequency that his speaks don't play and it definatly shows, he has sum jbl 6x9s but there are way to bassy for me.....and then in some other of my mates car they simply have h/u plus 6x9s and sub and they play incredibly loud with no distortion and the bass from the proper place (sub) what i do no i want is a resonable quality sound but that can play really loud, i no this means high quality speakers but i wouldnt have thort this ruled out 6x9s.
    the reason 6x9's dont give as good a quality sound wise is coz they r giving highs mids and lows. where as wiv components the tweeters give the highs the4 or 6" gives the mids and the a sub gives u the lows, so they can give better quality coz they only have to deal wiv one type of frequency each instead of 3 or 2(for a 6x9 which have them one ontop of the other)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_nova
    the reason 6x9's dont give as good a quality sound wise is coz they r giving highs mids and lows. where as wiv components the tweeters give the highs the4 or 6" gives the mids and the a sub gives u the lows, so they can give better quality coz they only have to deal wiv one type of frequency each instead of 3 or 2(for a 6x9 which have them one ontop of the other)
    Yup, plus 6x9's all tend to be nasty trebbley, and bassy. If you are planning on having a sub woofer there is no need for any extra bass. Bass is uni-driectional too (means you cant tell where its coming from), so its not like you need the bass upfront. As i said a good set of component speakers will sound ininately better than 6x9's, and if setup correctly, can get deeper mid-bass from them too. PLUS its not a good idea to place 6x9s on the shelf and have a sub in the boot as the freqs will interect/cancel out and the moving air will damage the speakers over time.

If you listen to a decent set up install you wont find many (if any) with 6x9's. Just look at the IASCA SQ competitions, no 6x9's in sight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IS THATS UR DOOR CARDS IN THAT LINK WITH THE WITH THE 6X9 THAT IS THE DOOR CARDS I WANT. ANYONE GOT A QUICK GUIDE ON HOW THEY MADE THEN....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IS THATS UR DOOR CARDS IN THAT LINK WITH THE WITH THE 6X9 THAT IS THE DOOR CARDS I WANT. ANYONE GOT A QUICK GUIDE ON HOW THEY MADE THEN....
    Theres no telling some people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matty T
    Theres no telling some people.
    i just want 6x9 as i have seen seen them and they look good

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks cooper and matty dint no that about 6x9s think i will go wiv components in front then maybe add some more or something at a later date. baha that post practicly shows what you have to jsut keep layering fiberglass on top till it looks like that. Try www.quadconversions.com then look in nove and door pods maybe thats what your looking for u could maybe mod them but for ?90 i aint suggestin u do. there are some plastic like speakers holder things you can get from places like halfords and that you could use them for a while then build around them ill probarbly use them.

Thanks again guys, great help as ussual