Thread: **Install Help Needed**

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default **Install Help Needed**

Alryt everyone,i got meself a little ice setup off ebay,sub amp tweeters 6x9s and sum uva speakers bla bla bla,.got that new sony mp3 headunit out of halfords with the blade motion front s drive or sumin like that. as u can tell im useless with settin it up etc.just wonderin if anyone no's of a basic guide on the web 2 set up ice in ur car that i could get a brief idea where to start or if anyone on here could give me a hand.I bought the speaker cable and an ampo witin kit from halfords.Any help b much apreciated,nice one cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What amp is it?

3 1/2 rods.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

riiiiight

i'l tell you were to start !

Headunit - Look in your manual with the headunit, this will tell you exactly how to wire it up. Get an ISO connector for your car if you havn't got one cos it'l just simply click together. careful to get the right configuration of Ignition n battery wires so that ure stereo doesn't turn on without the ignition or delete the settings everytime you turn it on and off !

AMP - Right.. You need to connect your Big RED live cable stright from your battery terminals to the live input on your amp, If you look next to the battery in your bonnet there will be a little rubber gromit that goes through to the drivers footwell, push the cable through there and run it down the under the kickplates, under back seat aand into the boot. FUSE THE LIVE CABLE ! your cable should have a fuse holder on it, if not, buy one. Fuse the cable with the same rated fuse that is stuck in the side of your amp. Mine is 15 AMP's. The fuse holder should be inside the engine bay near to the live connection.

The next wire it your Power Cont or Remote wire. This is blue and connect it to the same colour wire coming out the back of your stereo, should have a sticky label on the end of it. If ure unsure, consult your manual. This means that the amp turns on when the stereo comes on, like a remote control ! hence the name remote !

Now, connet the earth wire to the nearest earth point in the boot, if you lift up the carpet and look on the back part of the boot (i.e closest to you) there is a Earthpoint. The shorter your earth wire is, the better perfromance you amp will be, don't ask why !

Last thing is to run the RCA leads from the Right/Left output in the back of the stereo to the connections on your amp.

Now you can hook all your speakers up to the amp headunit, it depends on what speakers your running, how poerfull your amp is. Get a car audio shop to tell you what to wire wot to ![/b]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont forget to run the power, RCAs and speaker wires seperately down the middle and each sides of the car to reduce interferance.

If you let us know what amp and speakers you got we can help you more