Gold Club Member# 001 Club Member Nova_Tek's Avatar
    Hertfordshire..... Builds: ......... Snowplough'd LET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dimming lights

Right when I've got the system on, the lighting on my head unit dims when ever bass frequencies are played on a track. The more bass the more dim the lights get and this dims in time with the bass. Also if it really loud the head unit cuts off momentarily and then comes back on.

It does it alot when car is off and still does it when car is on and being driven.

I scrapped my old standard 36Ah battery and now got a 66Ah in there now from a 2l cavvy. But its still doing it.

The thing is im not even running a sub on it yet and if im considering getting a sub I suppose this will get worse.

System is: Sony 4x52 head unit. 2x80watt 2 way on dash, 2x100 tweeters on dash, 2x260 watt 2 ways on doors 2x 150watt on rear shelf NO SUB YET.

Any ideas to combat this problem

*Im guessing its the alternator not charging the battery quick enough. standard 45amp alternator from 1.2 In saying that the voltmeter on my dials hardly moves when this occures*

cage it and brave it!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get a td nova alt or a power cap for your system
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
    until you hear them speak.

"EVERY LITTLE HELPS"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUY MY POWER CAP!!!

and the td alt. would help as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once the engine is on the battery doesnt do much anyway, its all down to the alternator.

Before doing anything drastic i would replace the earth straps in your car, thats the batt-chassis, alt-batt and engine-chassis. Dont forget a system is only as good as the weakest link.

Im surprised your having trouble though without even having an amplifier, maybe the battery you bought is past it? Or your alternator isnt pumping out the correct voltage. Ide get a voltmeter on the battery and test the voltage output with both the engine on and off

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which amplifiers are you using to drive the additional speakers in the system?

I would be surprised if a capacitor would have any effect. Their use in car audio is a very hot topic, however it is generally accepted that for charging system issues, a cap should be the last item you invest in.

If your charging system is weak, consider an uprated alternator, or even something like an Optima yellow-top battery under the hood. If its still not working, or you're still seeing a very low operating voltage, maybe consider a split charge system.

TW

Gold Club Member# 001 Club Member Nova_Tek's Avatar
    Hertfordshire..... Builds: ......... Snowplough'd LET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers lads,

im sure its the alternator not flowing the juices properly.

im tryin to accuire a diesel alternator.

hopefully that'll do the trick

Thanx