Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: !!!!!!!!!1.6 GTE engine wiring help!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does it matter if it does? the ecu doesn't draw any current from this. It is only used to let the ecu know then ignition is on. It takes it feed from the large red wire that you connect to the battery.

Like to remote wire for your amp.

Junior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason why i put that wire on there is because when i took the engine out from the origional sheddy shell i traced back the wire on the loom and thats where it ended up, so thought id put it there. ::
    I dont see how it tells the ecu when the ign is on as the lights on both cars worked when it was off. But anywayz thats why i put it there.

Btw, i took the engine from a '87 GTE and put it into a '88 1.3sr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 1.6 gte wiring

folks your are not remembering there are two different wirings the one with the plug from the wiring loom showing the four coloured wires on the photo AS LISTED ABOVE and another with other coloured wires. I have gathered the thick red must go to the battery from what you have all said. But there is ...

red/black
    green
    black

... left.
    i think in both cases green is for revs can anyone tell me? now i need to now red/black AND black, and folks when checking cus your all great people and all it is pointless if u have different wiring. Guessing is no good to me? So if u have the exact same colours please do tell me.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mark_pen
    I dont see how it tells the ecu when the ign is on as the lights on both cars worked when it was off. But anywayz thats why i put it there.
    you put it to the switched live side of the fusebox so when ignition is one, it gives it power and tells the ecu the ignitions is on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mark_pen
    you put it to the switched live side of the fusebox so when ignition is one, it gives it power and tells the ecu the ignitions is on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

green tachometer/rev counter goes from coil to clocks

black switched live(this is the same on all nova's and im sure all vauxhalls) connect to any black wire one on the coil will do or the headlights as you used(i wouldn't recommend this tho). I usually use the one on the coil.

red/black goes to the starter motor(have checked this against wiring diagrams for nova's on 4 different years so it will be right)

oh and you say you already have a red black on the starter motor can you trace where it goes to? the wiring diagram clearly shows 1 red black wire one end to the starter motor the other end to the starter switch.

chris