Thread: Nova SR

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nova SR

Hello all,

I am a little undecided on whether to break the SR or sell it complete.

I have owned the car for over 10 years and used it for Road Rallying so it has not had the easiest life and the rear chassis legs are shot. However, the interior is pretty tidy (now it is back in) and there seem to be some fairly big rebuilds going on these days.

Spec

The car is running an 14NV which had a top end rebuild about 4,000 miles ago. The brakes are Nova GTE items with braided hoses. I am also leaving the quick rack on, reinforced lower control arms, polybush front end, Sportex performance exhaust.

The wheels and suspension are off the ‘new’ Spin or old Bilstein suspension. All this will need replaced (obviously!).

Interior

As it had a cage in, there are a few small holes in the floor and the headlining would need replaced also. The brake lines are currently run through the car and there are a few bits of trim I can’t locate (sill, column shroud, b pillar seatbelt trim). It will also need some seatbelts as it’s been running with harnesses.

Bodywork

The rear chassis legs are gone (and have taken a corner of the boot floor with them). All the usual parts have been welded at some point.

To do it properly you would need to fabricate new rear chassis legs, front and rear crossmember, inner arches on likely 3/4 corners.

The sills seem quite solid and the external arches could be easily saved.

The shell has done 110,000 miles and there are loads of receipts with the car.

Overall I would say that you need a rebuild on the way to being as substantial as K24eeo_nova_build (on instagram) if you want to do it properly.

All the parts would be very useful for my other shell I have but I would prefer to see someone attempt to restore it.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you do decide to break how much for the seats?