Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Weber 32TL

Having some problem with my 1.0

Two weeks ago engine started to cut out on idle, and running rough at constant rpm. Accelerating was fine ..
    After removing jets and pûtting them back everything was fine again..
    Day after same problem again, again removing jets and fine again..

Then I rebuild the TL32 carb with new joints. No dirt or anything was found inside the carb.
    Drove fine for 2 weeks. But today again no idle ..

Anyone has an idea?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Brian View Post
    Having some problem with my 1.0

Two weeks ago engine started to cut out on idle, and running rough at constant rpm. Accelerating was fine ..
    After removing jets and pûtting them back everything was fine again..
    Day after same problem again, again removing jets and fine again..

Then I rebuild the TL32 carb with new joints. No dirt or anything was found inside the carb.
    Drove fine for 2 weeks. But today again no idle ..

Anyone has an idea?
    Dirty fuel? All fuel filters in good shape??

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuel is clean filter is new. Today after 2 km engine just started to run normal again .. Could this be an ignition vacuum advance problem or something?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The weber 32 is brilliant on the 1.0 but if dirt gets in the internal tubes it is very difficult to get it going properly again. It might be an idea to remove it, spray wd 40 through the internal holes. You can also try air but I never had success with it. The other thing to try is very carefully use weld wire but be careful not to scratch any of the internals. I reckon it is probably the jets, dirt can hang about in them and cause intermittent problems, Remove them, split them and make sure there is no resistance to flow and they are perfectly clean inside. Make sure where they go in is perfectly clean too. Also is the mixture right? The jets do wear over time changing the mixture. There is also a vacuum for mixture, check the diaphragm has not split. Hope this helps.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marc69 View Post
    The weber 32 is brilliant on the 1.0 but if dirt gets in the internal tubes it is very difficult to get it going properly again. It might be an idea to remove it, spray wd 40 through the internal holes. You can also try air but I never had success with it. The other thing to try is very carefully use weld wire but be careful not to scratch any of the internals. I reckon it is probably the jets, dirt can hang about in them and cause intermittent problems, Remove them, split them and make sure there is no resistance to flow and they are perfectly clean inside. Make sure where they go in is perfectly clean too. Also is the mixture right? The jets do wear over time changing the mixture. There is also a vacuum for mixture, check the diaphragm has not split. Hope this helps.
    Problem has been better since i have rebuild the carb. But sometimes it runs like shit (Only at idle, no problems when driving). I wonder if it's possible the Ignition advance gets stuck sometimes?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Brian View Post
    Problem has been better since i have rebuild the carb. But sometimes it runs like shit (Only at idle, no problems when driving). I wonder if it's possible the Ignition advance gets stuck sometimes?
    Even if the ignition advance sticks it would just idle too fast however put some oil in the dizzy and suck the advance pipe to make sure it moves back and forth freely. Who has tuned the carb? Have you had the ignition timing checked properly and fitted a new quality condenser, some of the cheap ones are rubbish and only last 50 miles. The other thing to consider is the coil starting to break down? Will only play up when the engine is hot.