Thread: Too quiet on here nowadays!!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    A lot of people have moved on, the core posters from about 5-10 years ago mostly no longer own Novas
    Sadly I still own a Vauxhall, thankfully its not a Nova

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not angry, I'm just... disappointed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of people have moved on, the core posters from about 5-10 years ago mostly no longer own Novas
    This. Get busy living or get busy dying i guess.

Last Vauxhall i owned was around 2013, no need or want to buy a project car anytime soon either .

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said it before (usually the every 6 months or so a thread like this crops up), and I'll say it again.
    Social media hasnt "really" taken over from the forum persay. Yes there is a fuck load of traffic over the two PNG groups there and the few other nova groups I see, BUT I'd say 95% of it is just people selling shit, and that selling shit is posted everywhere.
    The 5% is then made up of Event/Forum related posts that aims folks back here and the odd technical question that will usually wind up with a link back here.
    I look on many other "groups"/"clubs" on facebook and their traffic is equally average. Even the most recent "big" one that started last year look to have plateaued in terms of posts etc after a massive rise. Fair play to the fellas there.
    As Jacko said, many of the proper old skool folks have moved on, or are moving on.
    Time is the enemy, I've had a fuel pump and gasket for the 1.2 for about 2 months now, it takes all of 5 mins to fit an I only got round to it yesterday as I was WFH and had a spare few mins

The WHOLE car scene has changed massively over the past 5 years or so, Everybody wants to "run a club" (fuck knows why its hard bastard work, hence being 2 years behind on club packs), so when you goto PVS, TRAX or Coombe you see about the same number of cars but scattered over around 5-10x more club stands than ever before.
    When I walked round RRG on the sunday and counted atleast 10-12 Novas dotted about that werent on our stand, I'm not saying everyone has to show with us, but imagine having a stand like the Golf folks with 20 Novas all looking resplendent in any phase of work/look/build.

Then you get that many many young folks either cant be arsed with Driving so arent into it, or they have cars on the tick meaning all they do is put big wheels on and line the pockets of the car polish suppliers. I've no problem with that, if thats your thang then all power to showing it off.
    Also add in the HUGE disdain currently being held for any recent Vauxhall car from the die hard fans because they are mostly PSA products, so thats turning folks away believe it or not.

rant over

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep
    Some of the forum legends and heroes are on permanent banz though... 😂

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say Stuart has current situation about right. Right or wrong facebook is here to stay and Club pages have suffered as a result. FB does provide a much easier way of publicizing events and getting a good attendance. I do still put up events etc on here but usually get minimal (or no response) replies. The last three years we get 20+ novas for our main event and there has only been one none facebook nova at the show (and he has since sold)
    But still a paid up member here !

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I've said it before (usually the every 6 months or so a thread like this crops up), and I'll say it again.
    Social media hasnt "really" taken over from the forum persay. Yes there is a fuck load of traffic over the two PNG groups there and the few other nova groups I see, BUT I'd say 95% of it is just people selling shit, and that selling shit is posted everywhere.
    The 5% is then made up of Event/Forum related posts that aims folks back here and the odd technical question that will usually wind up with a link back here.
    I look on many other "groups"/"clubs" on facebook and their traffic is equally average. Even the most recent "big" one that started last year look to have plateaued in terms of posts etc after a massive rise. Fair play to the fellas there.
    As Jacko said, many of the proper old skool folks have moved on, or are moving on.
    Time is the enemy, I've had a fuel pump and gasket for the 1.2 for about 2 months now, it takes all of 5 mins to fit an I only got round to it yesterday as I was WFH and had a spare few mins

The WHOLE car scene has changed massively over the past 5 years or so, Everybody wants to "run a club" (fuck knows why its hard bastard work, hence being 2 years behind on club packs), so when you goto PVS, TRAX or Coombe you see about the same number of cars but scattered over around 5-10x more club stands than ever before.
    When I walked round RRG on the sunday and counted atleast 10-12 Novas dotted about that werent on our stand, I'm not saying everyone has to show with us, but imagine having a stand like the Golf folks with 20 Novas all looking resplendent in any phase of work/look/build.

Then you get that many many young folks either cant be arsed with Driving so arent into it, or they have cars on the tick meaning all they do is put big wheels on and line the pockets of the car polish suppliers. I've no problem with that, if thats your thang then all power to showing it off.
    Also add in the HUGE disdain currently being held for any recent Vauxhall car from the die hard fans because they are mostly PSA products, so thats turning folks away believe it or not.

rant over
    Nova SR 1.4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Everybody wants to "run a club"
    Or at least a facebook page

FB definitely has the edge over things like bulletin boards and forums as (almost) everyone already uses it so a) there's a huge potential user base for any given group, and b) everyone knows how to use it... its easy to share a pic or make a post with all the mobile integration too. The problem is you don't get the archive of information that you can find here, but then people have always found it easier to ask a question than search for the answer first. Which could be said for a lot of things really

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just thinking of hobbies and pastimes

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also I bought a black porsche 996 turbo about a year ago as my daily, my fuel consumption is 15mpg and that's driving normal so I'm a regular petrol station and that's £50 a time