Thread: Testing a digital dash

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Testing a digital dash

So I’ve attempted to power up the digital dash from the battery and got nothing. Took it all apart to check for any obvious defects, other than the plastic cover for the strap cable that connects the back circuits to the front part of the dash is split but the wires look in tact.
    Now I have no halogens in it at all so will I it not be possible to tell until I do? Not sure how else to check otherwise?

Thanks

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When the bulbs have gone, it looks dead, even when there is power to it. But you can just about see it in the right light!

Basically get all the browns and put them to earth and then all the blacks to positive and it will light up!

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So got the bulbs in today powered it up and all it did was just light up. The lcd screens don’t seem to be coming on.
    Wiggled the ribbon cable and the left and right side powered on. Not the centre screen tho!! Definitely been tampered with before as the screw heads have been cut to allow a screwdriver to fit. The plastic on the ribbon cable being damaged makes me think it’s somehow the culprit for the speedo not to come on.
    Last edited by leggattr; 04-09-19 at 10:13 PM.