Thread: Bleeding problems

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bleeding problems

I'm having trouble bleeding the brake system, it's completely new, new lines, new cylinders, new calipers new master cylinder, so it's the first time it's had the any fluid around it. I'm having massive problems getting any fluid out of the rear drivers side and front passenger, both are connected to the M10 connectors on the master cylinder, I have a feeling the master cylinder needs bench bleeding, but I don't have the ability to do that at the moment. I've tried the two person approach and I also have a bleeder that uses the air compressor, neither has worked, I'm just not getting any fluid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The m10 should be for the rears with the brake compensator valves? Front caliper the right way up? Nipples at the top? Never had to bench bleed a master cylinder ever in my experience. Didn't press it dry at all did you as this can roll the seals inside the master. When bleeing using the compressor is the pedal up as won't always bleed correctly if its down. Tried taking the brake nipple completely out and inspecting them for obstructions. Also can you get fluid out of the hard line before the flexi as ive had old flexi hises collape inside. Few things to try i can suggest

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No on mine the compensator valves for the rear, one is m10 and one is M12.
    Nipples are are the top.
    I've been very careful not to press the pedal last half way as I don't want to fuck the master cylinder seals.
    I've made sure the bleed nipples are clear and free

I've been at this a few days now. I'm stumped.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If theres fluid in the cylinder now then pressing it all the way down is fine, its only doing it while dry that messes them up