Hi,
I hope you guys can help, I’m building a sprint/hill climb single seater race car for my uncle, engine wise I have bought a Vauxhall X16XE engine, totally stock and just removed from a road car with 50 odd thousand miles and it’s been well looked after. Spec wise I’m fitting twin 40 DCOE Weber’s on a SBD manifold and tubular manifold with a MBE 9A4i ECU (I’ve already bought all these bits) I’m not looking to spend very much on the engine as it’s his first race car an he just wants to get a feel for it. Therefore I’m not swapping cams etc just yet. Gearbox wise I’ve got a Vauxhall F10 box already modified to fit with a ultra light FW, new clutch and plate type LSD.

What I wanted to ask about was firstly I’ve never set up/ran an MBE of any type, I’ve got a second hand ignition only loom but I’m not sure about the wiring for the MBE? I also don’t know what base map to use or where best to get one?

secondly with the 1.6 XE engine when he wants to get a bit more power out of it what are the best “bang for buck” upgrades for it, apart from what we have already got for it? An apart from SBD (who seem good but pricy) any other sources for bits?

thanks again and sorry about the long post
Tom