Thread: C20let torque curve

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default C20let torque curve

So my car is at the dyno and is making realy good progress this time with the new ecu . But we have come to a block end now with the torque curve between 5500 and 6000 rpm it flattens off then drops rapidly after that . Im pritty much happy with were the power is at the moment however it is going back after summer with the new turbo and manifold along with the new evo inlet manifold .

My question is will this drop in curve be to do with the standard inlet and tb or the standard cams . Its as though the engine cant get the air in fast enough after 6000 to burn the fuel even though i still have good boost presure up there . Its making peak power at around 5700 . Cheers

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going back to an old statement.
    "Boost is merely a measure of how restrictive your engine is"
    So yes, while it looks like its holding a good boost figure, the airflow isnt enough to maintain the torque... So the obvious stuff to start with, pipework, cooler, TB (even MAF if you run one), inlet manifold and finally the really costly work of cams and head.
    Odds on with the new inlet, you'll see less of a drop off

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No dont run maf pal running 3" pipe work and cooler is flowing well . The head has had alot of work . Supertech + 1mm valves supertech double springs etc just havnt figured out what cams i want to be running yet . So can only come up with the inlet and cams as with nearly all the dyno graphs i have been looking through regardless of power the torque drops off in the same area with the standard c20 inlet . I have the evo 4 big plenum style and v6 tb to go on after summer so fingers crossed it will be a bit more healthy high up

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in that case its "just" cams or inlet then
    I guess it depends what pistons you have, but iirc the XE inlet cam is a fairly standard choice to improve things isnt it?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wossner 86.5 with 23 thou off the crowns to reduce the comp to 8.3