Thread: Bike carbs 2.0 8v

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bike carbs 2.0 8v

i'm looking for info and help on what all i need and todo to get the bike carb conversion on the 2.0 8v to work
    any build threads or how to's would be great

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You essentially need:
    - carbs
    - inlet manifold
    - setting up
    - ignition

Might be worth looking at DanST who do starter packs, not sure if they do it for an 8v. Bogg Bros do lovely manifolds to bolt them on for just north of £200.

I fitted R1s to a 16v and it made a good improvement, and an even bigger improvement when I went to mapped ignition. Check out Nodiz or "proper" ECUs like DTA and wasted spark coilpacks.

I used the original bike fuel pump which regulated pressure itself, lovely neat solution and only one fuel line required.

A key to getting it driving right will be setting it up, where in the country are you? It's worthwhile finding someone to do this first unless you're planning it yourself?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive got carbs and a manifold , unsure of what dizzy set up i need aslo and how to wire up the engine , vacuum lnes etc
    i did a search to see if there was any build threads but not sure if i did it right

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if you say/show exactly what you're unsure about then I'm sure someone can help or make an educated guess. I'm not wasting more time writing another post if you're going to drip feed bits of information.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thing to think about is mounting the alternator, I know on my z18xe the alternator used the inlet manifold as a mounting point.