Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Nova 1400 16V Rally Car

Club Member Club Member JoeWak98's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 184mm helix race clutch has landed and got it put onto the engine ready for the box to go back in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nova 1400 16V Rally Car

Come on mate, you're slipping here!!! Mine was back in and the car running 4 hours after it arrived in the post!! Hahaha

On a serious note, I hate clutch and gearbox related issues, it's such a pain to do anything about, they're on my list of things I hate, up there with genital warts and syphilis.

New clutch looks a good bit of kit, is that a TTV flywheel??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Come on mate, you're slipping here!!! Mine was back in and the car running 4 hours after it arrived in the post!! Hahaha

On a serious note, I hate clutch and gearbox related issues, it's such a pain to do anything about, they're on my list of things I hate, up there with genital warts and syphilis.

New clutch looks a good bit of kit, is that a TTV flywheel??
    I know hahahha, wish I had the time to put the gearbox in but that’s gonna be my task tomorrow. Yeah well I thought it was gonna be abit of a pain in the arse to get the box out when it was just on axle stands,but it probably only took 30-45 mins. Don’t miss lying on the floor with a F20 on your stomach!!

Well impressed with the clutch, just a recommendation from Bill Falconer when he made the engine for me and it allows me to run a standard release bearing instead of a homemade setup like on the AP.

Flywheel is just from SBD Motorsport, 2.78kg and it’s just a 7.25”/184mm size.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fly wheel looks a lot like my TTV. Lovely bit of kit, well mine was lovely until a friction plate paddle ate most of it!!!

I did cheat when it came to putting mine back in as I had the use of Ben's ramp, which makes things easier.

Using off the shelf parts is better than having to fabricate one offs, especially for things like clutches as it's such a pain to get to!!

When is your next event??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fly wheel looks a lot like my TTV. Lovely bit of kit, well mine was lovely until a friction plate paddle ate most of it!!!

I did cheat when it came to putting mine back in as I had the use of Ben's ramp, which makes things easier.

Using off the shelf parts is better than having to fabricate one offs, especially for things like clutches as it's such a pain to get to!!

When is your next event??
    Yeah I’d never heard of TTV until you said so I went to have a look on the internet and they look exactly the same! I seen the damage from the friction plate on your thread, lucky not to do any more damage. Never seen a plate fracture like that before.

I had a go at trying to get the box in today but definitely need a 2nd pair of hands just to get the box onto my stomach and then a hand with lifting it up. Yeah a ramp is so much easier and transmission jack can save half the hassle.

Yeah your right and I didn’t wanna go away from what Bill had recommended as I think he’s had a few issues with AP clutches on his engines before.

I’m unsure on that, entered into a championship this year but with the virus near enough all the events have been affected. So I think it might be a few local single venue rally’s or rally time trials which I have seen a few advertised.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the TTV is good gear.

My clutch was FUBAR!! Lucky it didn't destroy the box and block!!

Im hoping trackdays don't get cancelled again as I've a few booked and JSS at Cadwell in October.

Get some videos up of you rallying, be good to see some action

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the TTV is good gear.

My clutch was FUBAR!! Lucky it didn't destroy the box and block!!

Im hoping trackdays don't get cancelled again as I've a few booked and JSS at Cadwell in October.

Get some videos up of you rallying, be good to see some action
    My thoughts exactly, very lucky it didn’t take the clutch cover with it aswell!

I thought about doing a track day at Cadwell, it’s probably the only circuit that would suit the car with how low geared mine is especially around the mountain section onwards. Maybe not at the back end of the circuit, but it has crossed my mind to do something there as 2 rounds of the Motorsport News Circuit Rally championship are held at cadwell.

Yeah I deffo will, thinking of booking a local karting track for its first proper go out so shall get some in car.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if you're thinking of a trackday at Cadwell then keep me updated as I'll get booked on too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Car might see the road very shortly after having continuous clutch release bearing issues. Should have it all sorted now I have got a boss made up for the bearing by someone from work. Hope to take the car out for a good few miles to check everything is working how it should and then get it tucked away for winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chunky spacer! I can't imagine trying to do events without road shake downs beforehand. REIS are good for competition car insurance.