Thread: A long time coming. Nova number 2

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A long time coming. Nova number 2

Right so I’ll give everyone a quick insight into my situation,and I’ll try keep it short and sweet.

it all started back in 2012,I was doing my driving lessons and was at a point where I was about to pass. So thinking cap on why don’t I buy a nova as my first car,so I did haha.

it was a white Nova GTE with C20let and no mot,fixed it up to then realise I was never going to be able to insure it properly. So it was sold on then ever since I’ve always wanted to get another. Fast forward to now and there was one local to me that sounded perfect.

1.2 8v nova in white,no mot. Needed some welding and some point but other wise was not bad and was running fine. Cut along story short I got it for an absolute song and it came with a spare engine I sold on to then basically get the nova free of charge wining!!

less talk more pictures
    http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/Jo...D=1&sort=1&o=0

http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/Jo...D=1&sort=1&o=1

http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/Jo...D=1&sort=1&o=2

Club Member Club Member Jonesfach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bargain.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesfach View Post
    Bargain.
    Sure was! Just means it makes my life. Little bit easier getting it ready for the road again

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things to tackle first will include. Sourcing new drivers door,sorting out the mess of wiring behind the digi dash then remove rear axle to freshen up the brakes.

hopefully make a start on those bits the next couple days

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I’ve had a couple hours to crack on with bits and bobs on the nova. First port of call was the digi dash wiring. Now I’m not a massive fan of the digi dash and the nova cane with two other separate dashes that would have worked fine. But somecut the wiringplug off,so I thought I’ll just stick with digi dash.

pull it out the dash and Jesus the wiring was a mess! I think the only gauges that worked was fuel,and revs. Zero lights worked. Got all the plugs snipped off and re done all the wires. Soldered then heat shrink.

Not my most favourite jobs but needed done,everything now works as it should bar the left indicator. I’ve tried swapping bulbs over to no avail. But I think the digi dash itself has seen better days so I’m putting it down to that and will purchase another one at some point

Club Member Club Member Jonesfach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a mess....

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definetly! Got all dash lights working apart from one annoying thing. My left indicator light on the dash doesn’t illuminate but both left and right indicators physically work. I’ve spliced both separate wires into nova stalk but only the right one works. Someone has mentioned both wires get spliced into the black/white wire instead of separately to...

black/white to black/white

green/black to green/black

like ive done in this picture,not sure if it’s something I’m doing wrong or not.