Thread: C20XE knuckles/bearings/hubs problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default C20XE knuckles/bearings/hubs problem

Hello!
    I have recently bought a 1986 Nova (called corsa A here) with a C20xe conversion. Trackday car. Bought the car in what was supposed to be working condition. Car is not road legal, so i could not test drive it on the Street properly...
    Well to the problem:

It has machined knuckles to use Audi 80 quattro bearings.
    Ive been reading about this and it seems the hubs should be machined, they are from a big block kadett, but not machined on this car. I cant ask the seller, because he is not the one that built it.
    From what i can figurer out i should machine them to bottom out in the Audi bearing, that means removing about 3 mm from each of the faces on the back of the hub, is this correct? Or is it not necessary? Can i make a 3 mm spacer and put behind the hub instead? That would also give me 3 mm wider Track.

Thanks!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsovich View Post
    Hello!
    I have recently bought a 1986 Nova (called corsa A here) with a C20xe conversion. Trackday car. Bought the car in what was supposed to be working condition. Car is not road legal, so i could not test drive it on the Street properly...
    Well to the problem:

It has machined knuckles to use Audi 80 quattro bearings.
    Ive been reading about this and it seems the hubs should be machined, they are from a big block kadett, but not machined on this car. I cant ask the seller, because he is not the one that built it.
    From what i can figurer out i should machine them to bottom out in the Audi bearing, that means removing about 3 mm from each of the faces on the back of the hub, is this correct? Or is it not necessary? Can i make a 3 mm spacer and put behind the hub instead? That would also give me 3 mm wider Track.

Thanks!
    Do you mean where the CV joint goes through the bearing and the big castle nut is on the outside the CV joint touches the hub and locks up so it won't spin?

If so, I have put a 3mm spacer between the CV and the bearing to stop the CV from touching the hub.