Thread: 16se tuning

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 16se tuning

I am wondering what people changed to there e(c)16se and how much hp they have now?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I tune my 8v small block. C16SE big valve head, x18xe1 crank and oil pump, z18xer pistons, dbilas 40mm itb some special rally cam with 308 deg and 12,8mm lift, 154hp.
    Now doing some mods to have more hp, 332 deg catcams cam, h-shaft conrods, megasquirt, and electronic waterpump.

Club Member Club Member CorsaBBoomer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With me it's the simple things on the E16: air filter, sportex manifold, exhaust and a partially overhauled fresh engine. Doesn't get the new kids on the block with their electronic horsepower-ratatata-off-the-shelf-turbo-racers but it still puts a smile on me and the misses
    Opel Corsa 1.6 Michalak 1986 : http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthr...ect&highlight= Yes, it's a convertible with a hard-top!

Opel Corsa 1.0 1983 "Josefien": http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthr...ien&highlight= Miss I-Went-International

Opel Corsa B 1.5TD 2000 "Bertha"
    Citroen AC4 1929 "Clarice"

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Tomiboy View Post
    Hi,
    I tune my 8v small block. C16SE big valve head, x18xe1 crank and oil pump, z18xer pistons, dbilas 40mm itb some special rally cam with 308 deg and 12,8mm lift, 154hp.
    Now doing some mods to have more hp, 332 deg catcams cam, h-shaft conrods, megasquirt, and electronic waterpump.
    I'll be impressed if you get much more power (and keep driveability) as 150-160 is about the magic limit of a BVH 1600.... That said, you might be running more capacity with the 1800 bits

Usual things are a 285-300 degree cam (dosent cause too many issues on oem ecu), higher flow exhaust etc and generally you can get to 125bhp ish without having to open up the engine too far.
    Then its things like:
    1650 overbore
    shot peened/deseamed rods + arp rod bolts
    the same 285-300ish deg cam
    big valve / flowed head
    bigger throttle body and oem intake + management
    OR
    Weber/Dellorto T40's
    All pretty straight forward stuff.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Tomiboy View Post
    Hi,
    Whats your compression ratio ?