Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost all interest!!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't give up mate.. I nearly did it a few times with mine I wrote the advert ready to sell then changed my mind. And I'm so glad I did now it's done I'm so proud of it and myself for finishing it .
    You get to a point where you can't be arsed , all the work is ahitty welding , cleaning parts up spending money but then you come to a point where your bolting new parts on and it becomes a happy feeling knowing it's nearly done and you will find yourself wanting to get home from work and get on with it.
    Keep going

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers might have a break from it for a while and go back to it another time see if it helps me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on your outlook on life...

Best thing I ever did was sell up & stop wasting cash on a garden ornament car
    Last edited by Mike; 09-07-18 at 10:16 PM.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand what you mean about losing interest, the idea with mine was to fix everything before the summer and use it but its mainly been in garages for one thing or another waiting for parts or for the time to do it. Im cheesed off with how long everything has taken.

Its in the garage right now and has been for 6 weeks waiting for a gearbox part from germany. If i'd have known I'd just have bought a used box from somewhere and stripped it but I had no idea it would take so long.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has a impact on your build when something is hard to acquire or something don't go right. That's why a lot of projects get unfinished and stripped cos the hassle of things not going right. Which is where Iam at now.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just my opinion. I think you feel you are pissing in the wind but you don't want to give up because you want the nova finished. I sold my rust free mint sr last year. I still look at novas. I owned mine for 5.5 years. The first time I drove it I thought wtf have I bought . I used it every summer for the duration of ownership but never really enjoyed driving it. I struggled deciding to part then parted and now I'm happy I done so as its another thing not to bother about mot road tax insurance etc. The final nail in the coffin was when I bought a mk7 golf so I had an option to drive my nova or golf to work. The thought of putting effort into driving a nova or being happy comfy and relaxed in my golf was a no brainer! Just my thoughts and opinions

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True that is. I do want it finished so I can enjoy it. The thing is I ain't in the right frame of mind at the moment and plus I don't have a lot of time to get it done with working a lot and having a family I need to spend time with. If I had a garage I could just put it away I would do , but I don't and seeing it on the drive not doing anything angers me.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fully understand when you say you just want it finished so you can enjoy it. Thats all I want.

To be honest, I'm not losing interest as such. I'm still searching for bits for it all the time but I'm just REALLY pissed off with the fact I've owned it 8 months and had it in my possesion for about 2 months. I bet I've not done 350 miles in it, and I wanted it as my personal daily (aside from my own work van).

It better work properly when I get it back or there will be war.
    Last edited by RichGold; 15-07-18 at 01:58 AM.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cover it over, leave it for a few months and enjoy life.
    10 years ago, I drove my GSi for the final time, short trip, straight into my new garage at my new house and that's where it remained, coming out on the odd occasions, plan being to strip and bare shell rebuild. Engine was rebuilt while it was still in the car. That was the positive, the negative was it was rotten, I have no welding skills and 6 years on, it went off for scrap.
    Within a month i had my Sting which not only cured my itch for Nova's but has ended up bringing enjoyment to not just me but people who see it out and about as well. Which is a strange thing to say but, keep at it mate and you will see.

Take a break from the build will be the best thing, see if you can move it to a mates lock up or somewhere to get it out of sight.
    NovalutionGSi - Donkey Kong In a Go-Kart

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally got my car back after almost 2 months. On the upside it's nearly finished, apart from wheel bearings I'm not doing any more to it. On the downside the garage took far too long, I had to push them to get it done and they've chipped the door while they had it. They also tried to give it back with both side skirts hanging off.
    It's nice to have it back but every time I leave it with a garage they seem to do the bare minimum. It's sickening.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RichGold; 28-07-18 at 01:59 PM.