Thread: Omex help needed please

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Omex help needed please

Right so the car has been at the dyno a few days now we got it to idle good .
    C20let
    Then the problem started the afr was reading 12.9 ish on the bottom line of the scale . At say 22 so change the number by 1 to try and get it correct and it makes the whole thing go realy lean rang omex they said the injectors are to big for an omex600 (875cc) this is bollocks as I know alot of people with the same ecu and injectors one lad even running 1700cc with omex 600. Anyway listning to them we then fit the standard vxr injectors back in . Made no diffrence at all
    The injector dead times are bang on they have good voltage.I have now fitted a metal crank sensor .
    The vacuum is very good and the map sensor when connected to a large syringe reads exactly what its ment to and is reading right on the laptop.
    Checked the fuel pressure with 2 guages at the same time in diffrent places that is very steady and set to 3 bar then drops to 2.5 at idle so this is ok.

Just cant understand why one number is making such a huge diffrence to the point were at one number its 12.9 and then the next number the afr goes up as high as 18.0

We have tryed another base map from a mate car very similar engine and spec his base map was pritty much the same as my base map . Even tryed a c20xe map and added map sensor etc to the map nothing is making a diffrence there is no air leaks and the fuel pressure is good .
    The motor is 8.4:1 comp ratio with a static comp of 163 to165 across the 4 cylinders .

Im baffled any think of anything we could have totaly missed. Cheers

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

given one settig is causing quite a jump, have you got enough IGN advance? and have the injector voltagevs opening times set properly for the type of injector?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea pal we have checked the voltage and opening times and the guy mapping it has double checked everything with omex . Making me very confused