Thread: C20let crank sensor question . Help needed

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default C20let crank sensor question . Help needed

So my cars at the dyno and on the omex tuning manual the 60-2 standard trigger wheel should read 54444544445444454444544335 and so on however im getting 1000010000100001000010000144335
    Is this due to a plastic crank sensor or is it picking up the wrong part of the crank wheel ie the top of the tooth rather than the gap or vise versa . Im using omex 600 with standard crank wheel and plastic sensor . The tuner has sent the map by email to omex but we wont get an answer now till monday so any help would be great . The car idles bang on and injector dead times are perfect but any thing after 2000rpm and it just splutters and goes lean. Only fault he can find is this reading from the crank sensor.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bought a metal crank sensor lets hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How you getting on? I just connected up a cheap plastic crank sensor to DTA and it worked fine straight away, weird

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine worked fine also mate but the afr was all over so thought it was a bad crank signal . Anyway fit a metal one and I still have the same problem . Realy annoying me now as we have contacted omex and spoke to a few lads I know with.pritty much the same setup and have gone through everything . Omex said them.10000100001 readings are ok and also my mates map has the same readings on it (hes making over 600hp) so must be ok the afr on the other hand is like 12.5 at idle move the scale by 1 number and it shoots off to 18.0 is cant get it anywere near 14 its either realy rich or realy lean.

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I reckon it could be a wiring fault then

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has checked through the wiring everthing reads back fine . But for some reason even when the barometric sensor option is turned off the figures are shooting about all over for it and it seems to be.moving at the same rate as the map sensor ????

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd check the grounds etc, as a bad earth will give iffy sensor readings and then lash it all up

Your mate with the same ecu, can you put his map into it and then plug it into his car and see if it runs ok... It could, afterall, be an ECU HW fault

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has now changed to syvecs pal so a no go but I am going to go down again tommorow and check every single wire my self end to end as I spoke to a guy today who has just done a corsa with c20let and omex 600 without any issues . We tryed the base map for this car on mine and still the same issue . So as you can imagine its very confusing . I dont know the person who owns the corsa though . Would be easyer if the car was at my house however I dont have the capabilitys or knowlage to check if I have solved the problem at home so a bit of a catch 22

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its either a wiring fault (shielding etc), bad earths, or a faulty ECU

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

��������starting to get somewere . All wiring checked out perfect . Crank sensor shield was grounded as it should be . Map sensor is deffo checking out ok . After a few alterations in the map he got the afr good and got it to come onto boost etc with a good afr but started to run out of fuel . So big injectors back in next and rescale the fuel map and we should start to see some progress . It would seem the micro bitsec number is what was throwing everything out as the omex doesnt alter the fuel automaticaly like a normal ve map would and there is nowere to put the injector size in its all calculated from the dead time and the bitsec number . Few bits that are more than my brain can understand but hopefully its this numbers in the base map that were totaly incorrect and all the wiring / motor are good