Thread: C14SE V-Belt tutorial or Manual?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default C14SE V-Belt tutorial or Manual?

I noticed my belt is really worn and looks like it is going to rip itself apart.

I have a new belt and tried to fit it myself but I am completely lost on how to get it replaced.

Does anyone have a write up or a thread or manual or anything that can help?

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is for the alternator right? You basically slacken the tension off on the alternator, by removing the bolt going through the funny shaped bracket, twist the alt down, change the belt and re-tension.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by B3Hulk View Post
    I noticed my belt is really worn and looks like it is going to rip itself apart.

I have a new belt and tried to fit it myself but I am completely lost on how to get it replaced.

Does anyone have a write up or a thread or manual or anything that can help?

Cheers!
    if the alternator doesnt rock back and forth after youve slackened the bracket arm, youll need to slacken the bottom bolt on the alternator too. they both work as lockers, 1 top, 1 bottom.

tensioning the new belt, i usually slot a bar or long screwdriver or something, down between the inlet and alternator, to hold a bit of leverage on it, whilst tightening the 13 mil on the bracket arm.

nothing fancy on these engines - no wind-up tensioner, no sprung loaded roller, just a nut and bolt