Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 1986 Antibes

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nova got a wee clean; clay, cut and wax. Used Meguiars back to black as i bottled it with the idea of heat gunning them.

A nice dark grey now

Need to get a better photo location

There is a full exhaust sitting there for it, try get that on at somepoint

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking really good, nice to see your getting all the little jobs done on it.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, getting there now. Was out on the school run this morning and afternoon. Back was full with the two Recaro car seats

Need to do a timing belt and water pump on it soon too

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking sweet. Are you going to be lowering it?

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think i'll get round to fitting the gmax shocks to the rear but not the springs. Or maybe just get two oem spec shocks

Actually quite enjoying the comfort, both my mk2's, the vr6, and gt tdi are on coilovers. The 20vt on lowered shocks and springs.

At 35 i am getting a bit sick of 18 years of lowered suspension

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The plug for the aerial was missing. Ordered a Hama (?) one from amazon, no soldering but a bit of a faff. Got oem radio working now though

Slight bleed on the lcd but as my attitude goes, its better than nothing

Pic of the cramped rear with 21st century standard car seats, not the black plastic bucket and orange straps of yesteryear

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took the Nova to work today, dry weather guaranteed according to accuweather

Really enjoying driving the wee car, definitely not a performance nova but gets down the road well and keeps up with modern traffic no bother. But needs those shocks done, and i presume it runs cold due to a stuck thermostat but have read folk saying they dont get that warm?

Warm air through the vents so must get a bit warm

Had spied a chap with a mk3 cavalier on my way to work and he just happened to be further down the road as i was on my way home. Had to get some pics of it and the nova. Sad i know

First pic is find the nova
    Last edited by rickygolf83; 05-05-19 at 10:04 PM.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No updates for a while. Virtually no use either. Not turned a wheel since end of september i think.

Always planned to sell this on eventually, but my mate questioned this logic by saying "when will you get another" "you'll probably never own one again" etc...

Love the car, but its pretty slow..... had a gsi back in the day as a car my folks didnt know i had. Best 1200 miles of my life. sold it on for a raise 2 months after buying. It lived its last with the lad i sold it too.

Love you K593 HSA

Question is; should i put bigger engine in it this? 80% most likely would be 1.8/20.8v cav engine. Exterior at a glance will remain oem. Most probably larger wheels, oem/period/retro etc... due to larger brakes. A bit of a drop too.

Let me know what you guys think either way. Always felt modding this would be a crime. Less than 8 on the road just now and this is pretty much as nature intended.

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't personally - sell it and buy one already done or buy a base spec and modify that. The Antibes is worth more as it is.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what I'd advise you to do with it. Its a tidy looking Antibes and you probably wont see another.... but.....
    You'd find it much more enjoyable to own and drive if you upgraded it wouldn't you?

So the question is are you keeping it or will you let it go sometime soon?

To put it in context, I've always wanted a tidy SR or GTE, but when it came to the crunch despite having the money to buy whatever I wanted I wouldn't have had the heart to rip apart/upgrade/change either one if I had bought one.
    So I bought a 1.2 with GTE bumpers, etc, and set about building the car I wanted slowly. The engine swap starts in a couple of weeks after 2 years of ownership.