Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bank holiday engine swaps

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default bank holiday engine swaps

Little somthing me and daveo on here knocked up over the the last 2 days on his nova, retired the old 12st and fitted a 16sv from a mk2 astra. No powerhouse but drives a lot nicer especially with the addition of a 5speed f13 box from my old corsa. Hopfully see more from this car soon!https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5ac260b4...402_161934.mp4

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What better activity on a bank holiday weekend?

I have respect for people who do swaps outdoors, not something I fancy doing anymore!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot how easy these come appart, even the corsa is move involved than a nova. Good laugh was had and it all went pretty smoothly, I wish I had room in the garage but you can't beat getting rain on half way though a swap

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is that my engine charlie ?

did you notice the modifed cambelt cover, where i had a mk.4 astra engine bracket on it, haha

was it a cr box ? ive put one in a nova before, on a regular wide box, and it felt a bit held back, cr box woulda been much better

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob-mcgrew View Post
    is that my engine charlie ?

did you notice the modifed cambelt cover, where i had a mk.4 astra engine bracket on it, haha

was it a cr box ? ive put one in a nova before, on a regular wide box, and it felt a bit held back, cr box woulda been much better
    Yep this is yours, I do notice the square out of it. I have no idea what the box was it was the only one about so it was chosen on that premise alone

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome work. Closest I got to the engine on the Nova was refitting the scuttle cover and fitting some new bump stops to the rear of a Corsa D....
    Same job on the Nova, 1 nut each side, the Corsa, 4 screws, 5 nuts, 3 bolts and a top nut per side!

Do love working on the Nova. Lol
    NovalutionGSi - Donkey Kong In a Go-Kart

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by millworm View Post
    Yep this is yours, I do notice the square out of it. I have no idea what the box was it was the only one about so it was chosen on that premise alone
    i never got to daily that car, i only racked up about 600 miles in it altogether, but the engine started and revved up nice, and did a 3 hour drive from dorset to london without missing a beat, so will hopefully do your mate proud.

good job getting it there in a day, and if you had the box laying around already, then that worked out nicely

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NovalutionGSi View Post
    Awesome work. Closest I got to the engine on the Nova was refitting the scuttle cover and fitting some new bump stops to the rear of a Corsa D....
    Same job on the Nova, 1 nut each side, the Corsa, 4 screws, 5 nuts, 3 bolts and a top nut per side!

Do love working on the Nova. Lol
    The corsa d isn't my cup of tea, I don't really rate them at all to be honest. Prefer a c myself of the newer ones

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob-mcgrew View Post
    i never got to daily that car, i only racked up about 600 miles in it altogether, but the engine started and revved up nice, and did a 3 hour drive from dorset to london without missing a beat, so will hopefully do your mate proud.

good job getting it there in a day, and if you had the box laying around already, then that worked out nicely
    It started first time and ran perfect, even had it running with all the standard ignition setup using that little ecu and the 3 pin dizzy, just needs an exhaust sorting and she'll be mega as the 1.2 system isn't the best

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my engine swap has taken me three years so far turned into a full rebuild. Great effort.