Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1.3sr revival questions

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 1.3sr revival questions

Hi I'm on with bringing my sr back to life and i have noticed a couple of things. I've not worked on this car a very long time.

I have noticed a few possible issues like the ones pictured. One looks like fuel return blocked off? Other is the carb has a pipe blocked off and the other is this diaphragm on top of the dizzy has nothing connected. If anyone could shed some light on these and possibly tell me if/how to sort them i would be immensely greatful as I'm close to getting it fired up.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Club Member Club Member Jonesfach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would guess someone has had trouble with the fuel system and has blanked the fuel return off....think the other pipe on carb is where it would of connected originally.

the unit on top of the distributor is the vac advance. A small thin pipe would of connected to the carb somewhere or maybe air filter. Do you still run with the big black air filter? Could be the vac advance doesn't work so it's also blanked off.

Did you buy it all like this or was it a runner when you parked it up? It's quite feasible to get it running in some capacity as it is.. Do check the fuel isn't like sludge tho....I would suggest you drain the tank?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at your pics again I see you are running a KN....maybe that's why the vacs disconnected and the fuel return is blanked....
    when was it last running?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was last running in 2012 and did have an issue where it would only turn over. I have changed the ignition module but thats it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just tried to start it with fresh fuel and won't fire just cranks.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this was my Weber 32/34 on a 1.3. I connected the vacuum advance to the carb (where you have it blanked at the front)
    I also used the original fuel evaporation pot (yellow container) from the SR to connect the fuel return too. You can still get these new as I did a year back and this same set up is what I'm building again now for my current nova.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the possible reason is a blockage in the fuel line or tank, as I'm getting a strong spark but even the fuel line doesn't smell of petrol so its obviously not coming through from the tank. I'll get the tank off and see what the job is as its never been off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by N0V4 JACK16 View Post
    I think the possible reason is a blockage in the fuel line or tank, as I'm getting a strong spark but even the fuel line doesn't smell of petrol so its obviously not coming through from the tank. I'll get the tank off and see what the job is as its never been off.

before you do that, I would take the plugs out of the engine so it spins quicker and remove the fuel pipe going into the carb, place it in a bottle so fuel won't go everywhere. Your fuel pipes probably empty as stood so long. It will also check your fuel pumps working ok.

Had this on my sport a few years back when getting it going again...might save you getting underneath etc. It take a fair bit of turning over tbh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I've been turning it over quite a few times to check spark, oil etc and still not a drop of fuel not even a smell. Plus I'd prefer to take the tank out and either replace it or even to just underseal behind it as thats another job i need to do

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by N0V4 JACK16 View Post
    Well I've been turning it over quite a few times to check spark, oil etc and still not a drop of fuel not even a smell. Plus I'd prefer to take the tank out and either replace it or even to just underseal behind it as thats another job i need to do

Go for it. Hopefully your tank wasn't as bad as mine was.....had to get another one as inside, the top half was corroded to shit. Bottom half wher the fuel was sitting was ok. Fuel was off tho...15 years sat there no wonder....its was probably 4 star��