Thread: Sparco seat mounting kit/sliders

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sparco seat mounting kit/sliders

My seat mount kit arrived from Italy this week and I've only just had chance to take a good look at it.
    It seems the Italians are having a laugh.

350mm x 50mm x 5mm with holes in.
    What am I supposed to do with these? They are supposed to be car specific yet I cant see what I'm supposed to do with them unless they are to be bolted through the floorpan, which is not what I expected to be doing. Had I wanted to do that I'd just have had some 5mm steel cut to the right sizes and drilled it myself for a fiver. I've not checked if the slider kit lines up yet as I was assured it does and before I can look at that I need to work out what I'm supposed to bolt these plates to - and there also seems to be no provision for bolting down the seat belt receivers which are currently attached to the original seats, wtf??
    Has anyone used these? Please tell me I'm being daft and I've not grasped what they are for?
    HELP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got a set still sitting in a box for the same reason

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it looks like they will be going back and its back to square 1 - getting a local engineering company to fab something for me that fits the original mounts, or cutting up a scrap pair of front seats.
    Quote Originally Posted by millworm View Post
    I've got a set still sitting in a box for the same reason
    What did you do instead? I can hardly get into my office as its full of 2 new seats in boxes and I though this kit would sort that!
    Last edited by RichGold; 11-02-18 at 08:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not even going to ask what they charge for those plates

You trying to retain sliders with bucket seats?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ended up just getting weld in rails

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have those plates and sliders too. I've recieved an email from demon tweeks, a pdf in italian, that says this once I'd typed it all into translate:

for the seat application, remove the original sliding system from the vehicle. fix the two adapters to the passenger floor using the two spacers. then mount the sliding guides on the two adapters, art. 00493, taking advantage of the 323mm wheelbase. finally position the seat. above the slides
    I dont have any spacers, or bolts for that matter. And if that plate is down to the floor how am I suppose to bolts sliders to non-tapped holes?

I'd say they are expecting me to drill the floorpan unless any of you know different?

Those plates were £106 for the 4. I thought I was buying a vehicle specific mount kit, not a bastard chinese riddle.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be sending them back and welding in some rails. You can get kits on eBay for about 40 pound

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be getting something fab'ed by a local engineering company thats done work for me before. It'll take them about an hour I imagine so its not really worth trying to work this out any further. Saves me having to learn Italiano as well.
    Time for my money back!
    Its a shame as I wanted to test fit the seats last weekend before it goes off for paint and wax oil cos when it comes back they want going in.

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would template them, paint them dark grey (not black as that would be copying) and sell them for £80 on ebay

What a joke!!

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Will F View Post
    I would template them, paint them dark grey (not black as that would be copying) and sell them for £80 on ebay

What a joke!!
    A few people have said I should template them.

Whats the point of templating them if neither me, nor Demon Tweeks, nor the people in Italy who made them (Sparco), know what the hell they are for or how they are fitted? Lets face it they are just 5mm steel plates and replicating them at any point wont be too hard with a template or without. But again, why would I?

They could just be office furniture brackets with sparco stickers stuck on them.
    Last edited by RichGold; 13-02-18 at 09:05 PM.