Thread: Royal mail parcel problem

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Royal mail parcel problem

So last tuesday I sold an sr grill badge on ebay .
    I sent it off on thursday morning 2nd class signed for
    But yesterday I get a message off the buyer saying he hadnt received it . I checked with the tracking number and sent him both the recipt picture and the tracking number .
    Which states it had been delivered on the 3rd of feb .
    I have also called royal mail main office who can see its been delivered but dont know who to nor did they get a signiture. Royal mail are saying to wait 72 hrs for them to investigate it . However if he doesnt receive it soon im no doubt going to have to refund the money for it and take a claim up with royal mail . Were do I stand this is the first time I have ever had a parcel go "missing" . And dont want to be getting bad feedback on ebay at the same time if the guy has legit not received it id also like him to get his money back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would just ask the buyer to wait a little longer until you can take it up with royal mail. Chances are it's a scam (like I've just been for a laptop) or it is sitting with a neighbour.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ both my thoughts exactly. Seems very strange that its not been signed for they didnt leave him a card he says its not at the local sorting office and yet royal mail says its been delivered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raise it with Royal Mail, if they refund you the value of the goods plus postage then you refund him. If they say it's been delivered so won't refund you then he gets diddly squat, although if there's no signature on what is supposed to be a 'signed for' service then surely they've not fulfilled the service you paid for

If he leaves negative feedback you should be able to get it removed by ebay. Simple fact is Royal Mail say it's been delivered so ebay would probably side with you, assuming you can obtain evidence from RM to say as such.

Will the compensation level from RM on a 2nd class signed for cover the value of the sale (plus postage)?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea pal only sold for £24.

Club Member Club Member Jonesfach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait for Royal Mail to get back to you. Buyer has to wait so long before raising a dispute so you can sort the issue out. It's fairly a long time as I remember.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Find him on Facebook and see if it has found its way onto his car.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought about this aswell mate . Iv asked if hes a member on here but he said hes only on northern nova group. Im not on facebook though . I sent loads of other items all at the same time and I have messaged all of the other buyers and all received theres fine . Im not saying anyone is lying but all seems a bit strange . Hes not got it non of the neighbours have got it the delivery office close to him say they delivered it but . He says he hasnt got it or been left a card.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it have the customer surname on the proof of delivery.. Quite possibly the postman has signed it and posted it through on the customer behalf. That is the only way that royal mail can prove its been delivered if its been signed on the pda machine.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No signature what so ever yet the post office web site and customer services say its been delivered the post office have accepted responsibility . And guess what the postman who" delivered " it is on holiday for 2 weeks now . Iv had nothing but bullshit from royal mail.

To be totaly honest I believe the buyer and not royal mail the guy is a nova enthusiast with a couple of nice cars so cant realy see him messing about over 20 odd quid . And yet iv had nothing but nonsense from royal mail . And when all is said and done I sent it signed for and they havnt bothered getting a sig so just putting a claim in to recover the cost
    Last edited by total_vauxhall; 11-02-18 at 10:17 PM.