Thread: Standard c20xe on jenvey DTH advice

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Standard c20xe on jenvey DTH advice

I've recently bought a second hand set of jenvey dth throttle bodies and have a few questions

1. The dta management is mapped to the previous owners spec 220bhp with cams and lifters. He supplied a set of green bosch injectors, but as my engine is a totally standard would I be better off running the standard cream injectors?

2. The kit didn't come with the dta software, I have been told I can download this easy enough. How hard will it be for me to get a standard engine base map to get it up and running until it gets mapped.

3. I currently have an spi tank with an mpi pump fitted inside. Will this be up to the job for now while the engine is standard?

Many thanks

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what I would do in your situation is get it all fitted and have the car trailered to a place that does the mapping and is used to DTA and have a map put on the car

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that's the plan. There's a local tuner who's a wizzard on dta. A mate of mine has a base map to get me up and running on the cream injectors.
    Just need to know about the fuel set up really. Cheers

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are you - if in the Midlands then I can recommend AP Race Engines for the mapping. Knows the DTA inside out and mapped my C16XE on bodies, cams etc

Paul..

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C16xe View Post
    I've recently bought a second hand set of jenvey dth throttle bodies and have a few questions

1. The dta management is mapped to the previous owners spec 220bhp with cams and lifters. He supplied a set of green bosch injectors, but as my engine is a totally standard would I be better off running the standard cream injectors?

2. The kit didn't come with the dta software, I have been told I can download this easy enough. How hard will it be for me to get a standard engine base map to get it up and running until it gets mapped.

3. I currently have an spi tank with an mpi pump fitted inside. Will this be up to the job for now while the engine is standard?

Many thanks
    1. It depends - is the software mapped to the Greens already? If so then just use them - I'm assuming its just to get the car running, so it should be OK at idle. It'll run with the creams too though. It also depends on what fuel pressure he was running, but at worst it will be rich, rather than lean!
    2. Try to get a base Map from DTA directly - they can provide one for a cost. SBD charged me approx. £80 for one about 8 years ago (for MBE)
    3. Not really - you'll suffer with fuel starvation if you drive around corners at speed with lss than 3/4 of a tank. Either get an external swirl pot or a GTE tank

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers Will.. yes the ecu is mapped to the greens, but he was running a set of cams. I'll chuck them in for now to get it up and running then. Could always take the creams with me to get set up.
    It's an spi tank with an astra multipoint pump in it. I've ran a 16xe and 20xe with no problems as it has a swirl pot. Will the mpi astra pump be up to the job for now?

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C16xe View Post
    Cheers Will.. yes the ecu is mapped to the greens, but he was running a set of cams. I'll chuck them in for now to get it up and running then. Could always take the creams with me to get set up.
    It's an spi tank with an astra multipoint pump in it. I've ran a 16xe and 20xe with no problems as it has a swirl pot. Will the mpi astra pump be up to the job for now?
    Yep the MPI pumps are fine up to about 220bhp

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brilliant. Thanks again Will

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'll idle badly and will be crap at cold start because I almost guarantee it's only been mapped for full throttle peak power

please,please, please ask your tuner to sort cold start and idle, even if it costs you a little more a shade it's one of the biggest moans people have, and yet never do anything about it