Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi, new member, new car

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just had a couple of hours at it today. Fixed the window mech, one of the previous owners had kindly drilled the rivets out for me and replaced them with nuts and bolts all of different sizes, so fitting was pretty simple. The winding spindle on the replacement mech is off-angle though so I'll be looking to make 1 good mech out of the old one and the new one at some point, but for the meantime the window works fine. Also fitted the wind deflectors, replaced the sidelight bulbs with led's, hoovered it out, found a damp patch under the rear seats (?), some budweiser bottle tops and and old 10p. Also found some rust around the vin number that will need looking at and a nasty scratch on the o/s/r quarter that looks fresh. Fitted the new Kenwood Dab BT mechless stereo, the standard front speakers arent as shit as I thought they would be but I still cant find anywhere to fit the 6" speakers in the rear without breaking out the cutting gear. I might have to settle for 4" in the rear boot support panels as they have 4" cutouts with a blanking panel in them. I'm going to need an underseat sub I think. Fitted the pool ball gear knob and took it off again as I prefer the original one. Also applied 2 fluffy dice to the rear view mirror. Job done
    Now off to the pub

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I worked out what to do about the rear speakers.

Nice neat job, should sound good as I've used these speakers in 2 vehicles before, loud and crisp.
    Going to fit the wiring for them, the bluetooth mic and the dab splitter, and if the splitter is no good I'll put the ful dab antenna in.
    I should have run out of jobs to do by 4pm

North Events Co-ordinator Moderator boffer8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking good fella, should be a good project thread this!
    If Carlsberg did Motor clubs, then IDMC would probably be the best motor club in the world.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I dont mind if you move it to projects, I've a lot to do on this car

Yesterday I had the owner of the bodyshop I've used for my vans pop round to have a look at the rust - he also does proper renovations and always seems to have an E-type or Morris Traveller in for resto when i see him. Its booked in for the first week of March, and as well as sorting the rust I think I might have the rear spoiler bodycoloured and aerial removed and replced with one on the roof while its there. Also spoken to a company I deal with daily at work that do car wrapping so also going to have the rear boot black stripe and the vinyl between the side windows done - I think it needs it.
    If anyone knows the best place to get this vinyl I'd like to know, I've seen the seller on ebay who does the kits, if anyone knows where to buy this vinyl off the roll that would be just as good as these lads that I know who wrap are mustard and would be able to sort it.
    Fitted new number plates as the old rear one had separated and got water in it. Led's have arrived for the interior lights.
    The damp has gotten worse so going to strip the interior this week and probably remove the rear windows to see where its coming from.

Also everyone is telling me I should be on Facebook now seeing as I own a Nova. Thats something I've spent the last 10 years trying to avoid.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to add, if anyone knows about suspension Im going to put it on stands this week and try to get the the bottom of why its such a harsh ride. I'm hoping its adjustable but I've not had a good look at it yet so any pointers would be appreciated.

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You dont "need" FB... tbh the only thing its handy for are parts, everything else still happens on good ole fashion forums (like events organisation)

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im only saying what everyone from the bodyhop man to well, everyone else has said, and they did mean for parts.
    That said, I personally just dont think facebook is for me eitherway despite never having had any experience of it.

Im here arent i?

Today I bit the bullet and bought the wrap from ebay for the boot stripe and the B pillars, and a short shifter.
    Suspension getting sorted on saturday morning at a proper tuning garage right after I get the vinyl fitted.
    Its going to be an expensive month.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facebook is shite fact! There was a world before Facebook came along people seem to forget that.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only use facebook for parts, plus I always try and collect the parts if I can, too many story's of things getting 'lost' in the post.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok got quite a lot done last weekend...

Had the vinyl done using the kit from ebay and they made a nice job fitting it.
    The shortshift was fitted and tightened the gearchange up nicely.
    This weekend its 2 new mirrors, replace the GTE badges with new ones and a new thermostat to see if that fixes the cold heater, if not then its a new matrix next weekend. I know the stickers pictured are wrong, but since taking this pic I've been sent the correct ones to replace them.

Also bought 2 steering wheels (not sure why) and I'll fit the one I like the most and ditch the dodgy MK2 wheel it has now.
    Last edited by RichGold; 19-01-18 at 07:37 PM.