Thread: Hi, new member, new car

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi, new member, new car

Just thought I'd say hi. I bought my 4th Nova a few weeks ago (with a 20 year gap from the last one) and here it is.

Its a 28 year old 1300 with the exterior clad in GTE clothes, nice respray, solid all round, lowered, sports exhaust, etc,etc
    Spent a couple of days right after I bought it countering the usual methods of theft as it came with no secuirty
    Its mainly a nostalgia trip for me as I have another couple of vehicles so will mainly be using this in the summer for fun. I have lots of plans for it, I love to tinker and plan to add lots to it. I never wanted one of these to go quickly, its mainly about the look, which this car acheives nicely.
    I hope no-one will run this car down for being a replica, it looks the part and thats what i wanted.
    I'd be hoping to maybe get some advise on parts from those in the know at some point as I start to improve it, maybe replace its interior etc but I've already had a bit of experience albeit 20 years ago as I owned 3 before and stripped 1 to rolling shell back then.
    Got some work to do on it this week now the bit I've ordered for it are here as it wants a new window mech, new stereo with new speakers and I have some fluffy dice too
    Looking forward to seeing what everyone else here has, and what they've done to them
    Rich
    Last edited by RichGold; 17-12-17 at 02:31 AM.

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely looking car fella

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was this the one that was on eBay? Looks good well done. Any rust? Good shout on upgrading the stereo it will save you from listening to the usual interior rattles of a nova

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks very smart, saw it for sale but the wallet said no ...and the other 5 cars I have did too

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EwanG View Post
    Was this the one that was on eBay? Looks good well done. Any rust? Good shout on upgrading the stereo it will save you from listening to the usual interior rattles of a nova
    Yes it was recently on ebay, most of the work has already been done for me. I simply wanted a mk1 with the right bumpers, mk1 boot spoiler and gte skirts, and this has more than i bargained for to say that I looked at some proper buckets before buying this.

Yes, NO RUST.

Tiny amount of surface on the inner wing about 50mm by 5mm, and a patch above the pedals, nothing major.

Suspension requires attention despite being told it was almost new. It handles like the wheels arent on right but I'll find whats up with it.

Going to fit the window mech, 8 ball gear knob, new battery, and maybe the new kenwood stereo tomorrow if the weathers kind.

Does the original gear knob just pull off? and i presume the window mech is riveted in? anyone know what size rivets?
    Last edited by RichGold; 16-12-17 at 08:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gear knob pulls off eventually, it's not threaded so you'd have to cut a thread into it. And from memory yes they're rivited, not sure on size though

Club Member Club Member blindside-retro's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bought this car few years back in standard original form in Liverpool area, bodywork was in good condition. best of luck for future plans. nice motor

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blindside-retro View Post
    bought this car few years back in standard original form in Liverpool area, bodywork was in good condition. best of luck for future plans. nice motor
    You owned this? When was that? And yes I did get it from Ireland.
    Lots of Nova's I considered over the last couple of years were in Ireland, so much so I was beggining to think someone over there was hoarding them all!

Club Member Club Member blindside-retro's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, bought it on way home from VBOA spares day in March 2011 with circa. 40K mileage F Reg. was in standard form then. sold it shortly after that to another guy in NI.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is Stu's post showing as number 1 for me and nothing by Rich?